DataStore Issue - HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)

Hello,

I’ve been getting lots of reports in my game of data not loading. Other games seem to be also greatly affected by this, to the point where I found it necessary to temporarily close off my game.

I am receiving this error:

This is completely breaking my game and causing players’ data NOT to load.

If anyone else is having a similar issue, feel free to state it here.

The following seems to be affected:

• DataStore failing to load due to a HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)

• Currency service image

• 2-Step Verification

23 Likes

24 posts were merged for being off-topic

Please stay on the topic of the bug report, use another category for discussion

This is also affecting my game, data store requests are failing left and right. Might be issues with TeleportService too… not sure.

Thanks for the heads up, our engineering team is actively working on a fix for the issue.

21 Likes

This is currently happening quite often in my game, to the point that most players seem to be having issues. Here’s the link if having another data source helps: [NEW] 😳 Welcome to Farmtown! - Roblox

I have some error reporting and the message I’m getting for every single failure is this:

502: API Services rejected request with error. HTTP 500 (Internal Server Error)

UPDATE: I just shutdown all of my servers and the problem seems to be fixed in a couple servers, but still very widespread. My game only has a few hundred players at the moment so hopefully that didn’t show up as a player drop alert while you guys are already scrambling, but sorry if it did!

1 Like

Happening to my game now. A few players in my game have showed screenshots of their data not loading.

EDIT: Had to close off my game, as some more players started showing datastore issues, INCLUDING one of the developers

My game keeps auto kicking players because of the API being down. When is the ETA for a fix? I’ve lost roughly 70% of my daily player-base due to the DataStores being broken today.

2 Likes

My games are also having issues, luckily our datastore script was built from the ground up to counter data-loss and kicks the player when theres an issue with the Roblox Datastores.

3 Likes

according to Roblox.Status.Io it is “Degraded performance” but this is some next-level stuff.

3 Likes

There is definitely something really bad going on today. There was also a different spike sometime late yesterday according to our analytics:

It’s not just DataStores failing, either:

7 Likes

Could we get a status update on this? It’s getting a little concerning. I know a lot of people are having a pretty terrible day working on this, but we’re really in the dark here.

1 Like

Systems are now recovering, apologies for the inconvenience.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.