DataStore request was added to queue. If request queue fills, further requests will be dropped. Try sending fewer requests

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. I’m trying to save a player’s data once they leave the game (I can’t figure out the simplest way). There’s only one script saving data.

2. The issue is I keep getting the “DataStore request was added to the queue” error every time a player leaves the game… and most of the time they lose data when joining back.

3. I’ve tried searching through many different posts on the same topic but none of them are quite the same as my script.

-- 		local CharData = {
			(insert data values here)
		}

game.Players.PlayerRemoving:connect(function(player)
				Data:SetAsync(prefix  .. tostring(player.UserId), CharData)
end)
end)
end)

If I could get some help with this … that would be great! Been trying to figure out data stores for a couple years and it’s always been setting me back on updating this game. :frowning:

i dont often work with saving data, but some youtube videos mention a pcall when working with datastore

1 Like

hi . thx for the response :stuck_out_tongue: but i got the same error trying 2 different pcall function based scripts. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

337fab7df304acb4e22d4b6094fb26ab

Could we see more of the script? You have more than one end) and you could’ve put the PlayerRemoving in an event?

1 Like

381917ec57a68afeb5a29b4d696c36f6

It’s mainly the character added function and the player removing function in the same line … would “character added” and “player removing” have to be entirely separated maybe?

Player.CharacterAdded should be fine but yes you need to separate PlayerRemoving and make sure it isn’t in an event

1 Like

Ah, looks like I overlooked that! Thanks so much! The datastore error doesn’t show up anymore! :slight_smile: