DataStores questions

Hello I’m saving 2 types of information via Datastore. I know you can only save data once every 15 seconds so in order to limit my requests i need help.

In my game I have 2 types of data (Player data and game data) game data is leaderboards/some more stuff. Player data is there score and how much they donated individually etc.

How do I save both player data and game data without losing sensitive information like top donated leaderboard stats (example: Rich man donates 2 million robux and its supposed to show up on leaderboards but it doesn’t because I never asked you guys how to do this.)

What I’m trying to ask is what’s a system I can SECURELY save both PLAYER and SERVER DATA. The server data has to constantly be up to date and be able to communicate to other servers to update information. Do i save the player data when they leave and save the server data everytime someone beats the high score

Well for the player data, why are you saving on a 15 second interval and not on just when the player leaves?

That’s what im doing however this is really bad because it can cause data to corrupt easily if a request was made 15 seconds before they left and they were the last person in the server

1 Like

ProfileService by loleris

I know you can only save data once every 15 seconds so in order to limit my requests i need help.

A single datastore key can only be written to once every six seconds.