Default character primarypart is set to Head

It has always been the HumanoidRootPart, if this change was planned then it was not announced because now every character that spawns on a server has their primarypart assigned to the Head, this not only breaks checks in games for velocity that rely on primarypart being the root but also can severely screw up any physics motion work you’re doing by applying a force to the wrong part of the body.

Expected behavior

I expect the primarypart of the character to be the HumanoidRootPart

1 Like

Please mention which characters’ PrimaryPart is the Head. Could it be your character on join? Correction: happens to the Rig Builder.

Are you using R6? It’s the head in R6. It’s still the HumanoidRootPart for me in R15.

I swear it always was HumanoidRootPart for R6 as well

Was always the head in R6. Confusing, I know.

Hi, thanks for the report! As mentioned by @xyrafrost, this has always been the R6 schema, which would be difficult to change for backwards compatibility reason.

A recent regression was introduced in the Animation Clip Editor which broke under this assumption. We are currently fixing this particular issue (see Issues with the animation editor on R6 rigs).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.