Default character walk animation behaving odd to sprint spamming

This has been a frustrating issue that I can’t seem to fix. I made a very simple sprint system. When you spam it however, you’ll notice in the clip your walking animation begins to look distorted for whatever reason.

I’ve done literally all the debugging I could do. And funny enough, Roblox is trying blame it on my code (hence they sent me here) despite me telling them it’s their animator that’s the root of the problem (or animation core scripts perhaps)

Not referenced in the clip above, but I tried doing all this stuff too (default character model, etc)
Like I don’t understand how this could even be my own code problem. The character is default, the animate script is default, literally all I do is set the character’s walking speed. (I’ve tried it both server-sided and locally just to see if that made a difference, it did not.)

Any help is appreciated, if there’s any chance this is actually somehow an issue on my end.

Thanks.

3 Likes

i think its cause its transitioning from the walking animation to the sprinting animation and when its being done rapidly it looks weird

if you havent tried changing animation priority or animation weight, you should try. and if they don’t work out, i’d just add a debounce to sprinting ( assuming adding a debounce would fix the animation issue )

2 Likes

It’s the same walking animation, all the animator does is scale its playback speed according to how fast you’re moving.

None of these are my own animations, it’s the Roblox defaults.

2 Likes

I would just like to clarify; the ONLY thing your script does is locally change the WalkSpeed value of the Humanoid? It does not mess with the animator?

1 Like

No sir. That’s literally all it does (or all that matters.)

Didn’t tinker with the animator script at all. I even tested it in a blank place. Default character and all, same result.

2 Likes

so all the script is doing is detecting the shift key being pressed then changing the walkspeed?

cause i tested out a script doing that right now and it’s not giving me that

2 Likes

I use the rxdesire sprint script thing and I also notice this happen when spamming sprint, except I don’t really care about it too much because it makes sense considering you’re spamming the sprint thing which breaks the walking animation temporarily.

2 Likes

It’s just annoying, I filed this as a bug report and they said to come here even though it was a problem with their animation handler. It shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

Idk if this gives the result you want, but you can use this module I made, which provides a pretty rich api, decent customization, and cross-platform support(Xbox, PC, mobile) heres the module:

It also doesn’t give this issue with default run anim

3 Likes

I figured. Unless someone else can find something, my only thought is to reconnect with Roblox and insist on finding a solution via them rather than here… seems to be an internal “issue” that they would have to fix.

Sorry for the trouble. If someone does find a plausible solution, however, you should disregard this.

3 Likes