Default toolnone animation doesn’t play/stop for R15 characters while sitting

For as long as I can remember, a bug has been occurring with R15 characters that involves seats and tool handles. Take a look:

When you hop into a seat and equip a tool with a handle, the holding animation doesn’t play.

However, if you equip the tool before hopping into the seat the holding animation will be stuck, even if you unequip the tool.

This is an issue because tools that rely on handles to function won’t work properly while the character is sitting, potentially leading to all sorts of buggy behavior.

Repro1: Create a seat or vehicleseat and equip a tool wit a handle after your character is seated.

Repro2: Same as Repro1, but equip the tool before you sit in the seat.

Place: Tool Bug - Roblox

3 Likes

This bug is still occuring and it’s causing me a few issues.

I have a use case where I am trying to unequip player’s tools when they sit down, but their arm stays up straight in front of them.

Does anyone know the easiest way to get around this - basically what I’m trying to achieve is:
-when the player sits down,
-unequip all tools
-move arm to default position

Even calling :Stop() on all playing animation tracks doesnt seem to move the hand to the correct position.

4 Likes

I know this has been solved in some games, I believe they might of just made an animation and set the priority to action, this would be annoying in my case since my game has tons of tools that would need to have their own holding animation, let alone drinking animations for example. Ill try to get something done.

Ive somewhat fixed the issue, Im not sure how to post this in a fancy script box as roblox arent clear on telling their users how to use the site.

Its fixed but the issue still remains if you equip a tool, then sit down and then unequip it.

Make a local script and put it in startercharacterscripts

toolfix.lua (582 Bytes)

2 Likes