Defend The Train Changelog

DTTLogoDownscaled

Version 0.6.0 BETA (Campaign Update)
This update adds the long awaited campaign mode and the very very very late Summer content.

Added

• Added campaign mode
  • Added 2 new bosses (Bandit Enforcer [Campaign], Ranger Trio [Campaign])
  • Added 5 new tracks (Airport [Event], Road to Ghost Town [Campaign], Road to Bandit Base [Campaign], Road to Forest [Campaign], Road to Hunting Grounds [Campaign])
  • Added new song (Results)
  • Added 3 new weapons (Backstreet Business [Gunslinger, Primary], Medicopter [Medic, Primary], TNT [Tertiary])
  • Added 9 new skins (Order of the Sun {Campaign}, Arsonist Bandit {Campaign}, Dynamite Bandit {Campaign}, Tourist [Gunslinger] {Limited}, Storm [Gunslinger], William [Medic] {Campaign}, R&R&R Summertime 2024 [Psycho] {Limited}, Desert Waste Manager [Psycho] {Campaign}, Gerald [Psycho])
  • Added 7 new styles (Roadtrip [Default] {Limited}, Vacation [Hunter, Park Mascot, Lumberjack] {Limited}, Summer [Engineers] {Limited}, Business Trip [Passenger] {Limited}, Bandit Brigade [Desert Waste Manager] {Campaign}, Goggleless [Desert Waste Manager] {Campaign}, Suburban [Junior, Senior] {Campaign})
  • Added 3 new weapon skins (Water Gun [Boba Blaster] {Limited}, Pop [Radicola, Energy Drink, gokruu Cola] {Limited}, Shock Pistol [Stun Gun] {Campaign})
  • Added new emote (Campfire {Limited})
  • Added 5 new badges (“Summer” 2024, Dubious Delivery Service, Merciless Sands, Beating Sun, Quality Transportation, Right on Time)
  • Added intros to boss fights
  • Readded Aquatic Park

Fixes

• Fixed Passengers having an incorrect amount of base health
  • Fixed incorrect amount of passengers spawning if Weaponry is bought while an extra sector is active
  • Fixed vehicles with an armed driver being able to retreat on arrival if all passengers were killed
  • Fixed bosses being able to skip an attack in their pattern if the second phase starts
  • Fixed bosses sometimes being able to despawn too early(?)
  • Fixed center face accessories not registering as headshots
  • Fixed Bandit Queen’s third phase not immediately attacking
  • Fixed Jeep hitbox
  • Fixed Plane hitbox
  • Fixed Ranger Car hitbox
  • Fixed Ranger Car appearing incorrectly on the right
  • Fixed Coaster’s passengers not properly dying if their cart was destroyed
  • Fixed duplicate status particle effects being simultaneously removed if one of the sources expired
  • Fixed explosive deaths removing body part collision
  • Fixed Basebound’s cough sound
  • Fixed Bandit Queen’s cannon being visible at the start of the fight
  • Fixed Scapegoat’s healthbar not having a proper threshold for low health

General Changes

• Set previous Summer items on-sale
  • Increased track movement speed on bosses
  • Boarding enemies now have a spawn limit
  • Unused humanoid states on enemies are now disabled
  • Defense can now be adjusted in the Shooting Range
  • Boss waves will now wait a few seconds on a game over before cutting to the results screen
  • Increased AUG’s base bullet speed from 300 > 400
  • Reduced Sniper’s bullet speed from INF > 1100
  • Reduced Quickshot Rifle’s bullet speed from INF > 1100
  • Reduced Gunslinger’s Leverage’s bullet speed from INF > 1100
  • Reduced Gunslinger’s Leverage’s hipfire spread from 8 > 0
  • Increased Baton’s base damage from 20 > 25
  • Increased the base damage of the Bandit Queen’s super rocket from 750 > 1000
  • Increased the amount of enemies the Bandit Queen summons
  • Increased Bandit Queen’s cannonball base projectile speed from 30 > 40
  • Increased Bandit Queen’s turret operator’s health from 75 > 200
  • Increased Bandit Queen’s engine health from 100 > 400
  • Increased Senior’s Rapid health divider from 1.75 > 2
  • Reduced Senior’s train harpoon tick damage from 25 > 10
  • Senior can no longer randomly use the LMG attack during phase two
  • Updated Senior’s LMG tracer to be thicker
  • Updated Junior’s taser tracer
  • Increased volume of Senior’s LMG and train harpoon
  • Reduced health scaling of spawning enemies during Senior & Junior
  • Reduced Demon Red’s vehicle health from 500 > 300
  • Reduced Demon Red’s max vehicle health from 1300 > 800
  • Reduced Orange Justice’s volume from 1 > 0.6
  • Updated results screen
  • Updated healthbars
  • All destructible objects now use the special healthbar
  • Set lobby to Summer theme
  • Set Default train to Summer theme
  • Set UI to Summer colour scheme
  • Updated Forest
  • Updated Hunting Grounds
  • Updated Survivalist
  • Updated Hunter
  • Updated Lumberjack
  • Updated Meowtor Shop
  • Updated Gallery
  • Updated Ads

CREDITS

NOTES

The insanely late “Summer” update (it’s not even right to call it this anymore) is now out! Due to this taking so long to complete, I’m labelling this more as the Campaign update as that’s basically what it is, but I didn’t want to not put in the promised Summer content, so it’ll be here throughout some of Halloween which will be released on time, I swear!

The Summer content includes many new and returning items in the shop that can be purchased throughout the month! A limited-time Airport track has also been added which will award you with this event’s badge for completing it alive. Recurring content such as the lobby, Default train reskin, and the previous Summer track Aquatic Park all make their return.

The Summer content will be removed on October 30th, 2024.

Documentation

Campaign Mode

The big new feature of the update, Campaign Mode is what’s now referred to as a “game type” where your team will be tasked with playing through a set of waves with a special condition.

This essentially serves as a story/mission mode, as each campaign is located within a certain track with the scenery and enemy roster changing every few waves to give off the impression you’re travelling a long distance from point A to point B as opposed to going through a random (and nonsensical) assortment of tracks each wave.

Campaigns last for a total of 7 waves with a mini-boss appearing during the halfway point and the main fight taking place on the final wave. Upon completion, players are given a brief endscreen and are awarded with some cash, credit, the corresponding badge, and a random prize item that they do not own yet. The prizes are exclusive to the campaign and can be expanded upon whenever we’d like in the future, as any possible item that’s themed around the campaign will be placed in it’s prize pool.

Game Types are voted for right at the beginning where players may choose to play Campaign mode or Endless mode, the main version of the game where waves will go on indefinitely until the train or team dies that has been around since the beginning.

Once the Game Type is selected, voting will continue on like normal where players will vote on which gamemode and difficulty they’d like to play on. If the server selects Campaign, players will be given the choice to vote which campaign they’d like to play instead of the Train Type. On Endless, the Train Type vote will still be available for reasons described below!

Ghost Town
In this campaign, you are tasked with delivering cargo to the Order of the Sun, a cult of desert nomads who need offerings for their god which aren’t exactly legal in many places. They seek an undisclosed criminal organization to obtain the goods for them and have D.T.T. act as the middleman, which is where you come in!

Due to the client residing deep within the deserts, the route to the meetup point crosses through the Junkyard Bandits’ territory, a cutthroat gang of thieves led by the Bandit Queen who are notorious for mercilessly attacking anyone who dares step onto their turf. Throughout the entire campaign, you must ensure all of the cargo doesn’t get stolen or destroyed.

The campaign takes place on a modified version of the Default train. The cabooses are removed and the crates are replaced with special versions to signify their importance.

Forest
In this campaign, you are tasked with transporting a group of employees to the next D.T.T. station within the forest. This one takes place on a shorter version of the Passenger train and is similar in function to the Endless counterpart, though the catch is that the passengers are permanent.

Passengers will not be refreshed each wave, so it’s important to take care of them as it’ll be game over if all of them die. To compensate for this, passengers are given a slight boost in their base health, though it is still very important to keep an eye on them!

New Weapons

The Backstreet Business is a new automatic Gunslinger primary with a larger clip size and firing speed at the cost of lower damage, slower reload speed, and it’s small amount of reserve ammo. While these cons sound daunting, the main attraction to this weapon is it’s special meter ability. Once the effect is activated from dealing enough damage to enemies, the player will receive a bottomless ammo reserve, mini-crits, a faster reload, and an even faster firing speed for some serious firepower.

The fabled Medicopter (as the name implies) is a new unique Medic primary that summons a drone by your side. Using the controller, the player is able to select teammates for the drone to follow and constantly heal them whenever they’re hurt. While the drone is targeting another teammate, the user is able to switch to their secondary and freely use it without the drone despawning. Pressing the reload key with the controller equipped will recall the drone to the user.

Beware that the drone comes with a healthbar, so enemies may attempt to target it! While it won’t always divert an enemy’s attention like the Scapegoat does, just about any standard bullet enemy may decide to fire at it if the drone is in their line of sight.

This item in particular is a very unique addition and is an item type I’m interested in expanding on, so I’m open to feedback!

Weapon Balance Changes

To get the biggest change out of the way, all snipers are no longer hitscan and now use projectile bullets like all other weapons. This change was made as in the hands of a skilled player, they were capable of shutting out teammates from really being able to play the game on a handful of tracks. It was enough of a problem that I felt the need to fix it, so this change should hopefully make the snipers feel more fair. I was careful to make sure these weapons weren’t just gutted, so the change will most noticeable on spawning or fast enemies as opposed to ordinary enemies who’ve already arrived to the train. I will be listening closely to any feedback on this change!

The changes to the AUG and Baton are pretty minimal in comparison, so I don’t have anything interesting to say about them.

Progress Report

Although campaign mode is essentially complete, there were a few things that we didn’t get to include with this update that will be added in following updates. This mainly just includes the weapon unlocks for the hard variants of the campaign badges, but a few other campaign prizes or assets in general were unable to be finished on time. Things came up during development that prevented us from getting absolutely everything done in a timely manner, so I apologize for the inconvenience.

With that out of the way, the next big thing for the game will be the addition of a third boss. I believe I had already mentioned this in another changelog, but next I’d like to make a police chief boss for the Highway track as I have a very unique and fun idea for the fight that I’m eager to make. This boss will of course come with his own campaign and should not take as long to come to fruition as campaign mode itself did!

1 Like