Deleting user data

Hello everyone, I received a message a few days ago requesting the deletion of user data. According to a claim from a user who was banned. This complaint seems a bit false but I need mandatory help of user data deletion. This complaint is a big threat, I jeopardize my account and the game.

Can someone explain me and help me for the removal of this?

By the way my game has free models, yes… free models, by the way that game was when I didn’t know much about Studio and I need help with scripting as I have no idea about scripting so can you help me?

I have followed all the steps in the link that Roblox sent me in my PMs here. I have followed all of them but I am still under pressure from a message that support sent me today asking me to remove that information immediately. About GDPR and CCPA also asked me to remove the Async or RemoveAsync.

Message I received from Roblox for several inquiries. Message from my PM in Roblox

Extra informaition:

[I have done all the steps, but still the problem, I updated the game for a bug and it still happens I did the request with the server console, I got a message of (user ID deleted) There is a virus that is still storing it].

I need a script that really eliminates this, I don’t trust it. I will go through the models one by one. If there is a hidden script.

My game does not save actions, money, xp among other things, my game is only for testing animations not for gameplay by the way this game is a test game. It has nothing to collect.

1 Like

You can use GlobalDataStore:RemoveAsync function

How can I use this function. My game is just a test one I don’t want to store anything to anyone not even their username but I don’t remember inserting something that stores information.

Do you use Data Stores in your game??

I don’t use data stores, although I don’t know much about them. I investigated that the data stores are part of enabling the function of the Api for which it is a reason to store that data. By the way, I have enabled this function

What models are in your game? Do they have scripts (not local scripts!)?

I think it has both types of scripts, some are taken from video tutorials but I think more than one comes inside a free model.

Couldn’t you just call this in the Command Bar:

game:GetService("DataStoreService"):GetDataStore("DataName"):RemoveAsync("Player_PlayerIDHere")

You should find something in the search bar that should be along the lines of DataStoreService if it’s a script you found in the Toolbox before calling this line

Sorry if I don’t know anything is in the console or is it in Roblox Studio by doing a script.

Check if there are something like DataStoreService inside that scripts (server scripts)
Or just press Ctrl + F and search “DataStoreService” inside the scripts

Alright let’s just break it down then

Are there any scripts that you have implemented that use the DataStoreService?

Yes… I remember but it was for me, and a friend. It has nothing to store from the other users, this was a tag that appeared in the player’s head to avoid people impersonating the game developers. But the problem is that I have removed it. Completely. But apparently it doesn’t come back or is it gone but another script is still in the game?

I didn’t know that shortcut, I’ll look for that inside the scripts later.

If it was a tag that was in the player’s head, it probably used SetAsync/GetAsync to save & load the tag

Also what do you mean by this?

I deleted that script, it is not a virus because it did not come back because if it had been a virus it would come back. But I think there is another script that does that data collection.

Could we see the other script? It’d help us a whole lot with your issue

Use the DataStore editor