[DEPRECATED] StreamX - Reduce lag and prevent map cloning

I was wondering if this was ever going to be open source, or if there was a discord server for this. I’d love to contribute to the backend servers.

1 Like

We dont plan on open sourcing it for now sadly.

And also, we dont have a discord server right now.

Both of these could be in the future though, just not for now.

1 Like

Ah ok, that’s fine. Just wondering, what stack is being used on the backend?

1 Like

Not exactly sure. @Crcoli737 could probably answer you though,

2 Likes

The backend framework is running on Python Flask.

2 Likes

Quick note on this: all code in #resources:community-resources needs to be open-sourced. Paid or closed source code goes in #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback (not to be that guy, but it’s better than seeing the thread get moderated)

2 Likes

It’s still a resource. I’ve seen a few paid resources in here before so we should be fine. There’s talk over a free version at some point too.

1 Like

Ah. This seems like a really interesting project, I cant wait for it to be OS!

2 Likes

Server Uptime Update

Date of Event: 10/22/22

Hello members,

In an effort to increase reliability, we will be swapping one of our physical servers with one of the current StreamX origin cloud servers in order to prevent solely relying on the cloud for StreamX delivery. This means that we will have one cloud server running StreamX in a normal configuration and one failover server in the case of an abnormal operation.

The switch of these servers should not result in any direct downtime although there is a chance for a small downtime (no more than a minute) for Roblox servers currently running on the current StreamX server.

We appreciate your understanding of this switch!

3 Likes

Do you know if StreamX will support textures in 2023?

We will definitely have a final version and be selling it by then

1 Like

Perfect! Because that’s the year I release my future game Roblox’s Got Talent.

I’m going to give an explanation on why I chose StreamX

When I 1st saw this in #resources, it looked really cool to see an actual service who would bring better gameplay on devices.

As I was continuing to read about what StreamX was and what it did, my brain could actually picture StreamX to become one of the best services to have smooth gameplay and less latency on Roblox.

Plus this is free forever on the beta testers so I felt like trying it out, it turns out to have a clean script, and very easy to set up!

But I still had lots of questions about StreamX, but this service is really good from what I see for the future of 2023.

I see people still hating on this service saying its useless and not a good service, but they don’t realize this is beta and what is coming for the future of this service.

And this is why I chose StreamX, thank you @Crcoli737 and @darkpixlz for setting up this awesome service, this has a bright future to this.

3 Likes

Is StreamX related to BridgeNet?

No. StreamX has no affiliation to BridgeNet.

3 Likes

Beta Program Update

Hello members,

I am glad to announce that we have just hit 38 beta testers today! Make sure that you apply for a beta membership (free for life) before the deal expires. It won’t last much longer!

4 Likes

If it ends, will it be reopened at some point?

We’re offering memberships once it ends, this is a beta period.

Applied! Hopefully I can get in and test this out.

1 Like

Other meshes and material variants… would it be possible to add a lerp to get things smoothly fade in and out? Also, not to let them disappear right away when out of range, maybe give a delay and double check if player is out of range. In this way, if a player changes direction back to where it came from, there is a buffer.

Thank you for all the hard work!