Deprecation of HumanoidStateType.RunningNoPhysics

You can just make the floor a collideable object in the collision group

1 Like

Won’t work. Some things that need to act as a floor should also be able to clipped through depending on where the player is (For instance, the second floor of a house).

Also, adding collision groups to all the parts in the Workspace would be a pain.

2 Likes

That wouldn’t work for me, in my case, my game is incapable of knowing what the “floor” may be because it is a sandbox building game where the players can create their own worlds, which others may then explore. This would probably be possible if the game’s world weren’t so dynamic but it is in no way a solution, whereas the first solution showed was already proven to have the effects I desired and I plan to try it out.

1 Like

Yeah, agreed! This is what I was wanting to see with my code. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You could probably get around this issue by raycasting to find the current floor

2 Likes

Why go to this length when there is already a far simpler solution? besides, that doesn’t sound very performant (not the raycast part, but the part where it would have to be constantly changing the collision groups of parts).

2 Likes

You mean by “Freeze Clipping” Noclipping?

1 Like

How would it change performance if its deprecated? Will it eventually be removed?

1 Like

The original post answers both questions. But as a general rule don’t ever expect enums to be removed, as doing so would break games. HumanoidStateType.RunningNoPhysics will always exist as an enum while not functioning the same. Instead, attempts to set the humanoid state to RunningNoPhysics will just cause the state to be changed to Running.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.