:Destroy()ing a model in a table isn't actually destroying it?

I just encountered one of the weirdest things while working on a CreatureHandler module.

Below is the code for a function that creates a new creature. My goal is to make it so once the creature dies, the model gets destroyed. Even though I’m calling :Destroy(), the model isn’t destroying itself. I thought this was weird so I did some investigating.

I found that if I print before and after the Destroy() (as shown below), it prints the following:

Another weird thing I noticed is that if I print CreatureHandler.creature.Parent.Name after I call destroy, the parent is nil.

Apparently calling Destroy() is setting CreatureHandler.creature to “Spider”, instead of destroying the actual instance object inside of workspace.

This is a module script.

function CreatureHandler.new(creaturetype, spawnpart)
	if spawnpart then
		CreatureHandler.SpawnPart = spawnpart
	end
	CreatureHandler.creature = CreatureStorage:FindFirstChild(creaturetype):Clone()
	CreatureHandler.creaturemodule = require(game.ServerStorage.CreatureModules[creaturetype])

createMovers()

CreatureHandler.creature.Parent = workspace.Creatures

CreatureHandler.creature.Humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
		print"DIEDDDDDDDDD"
		--if RotationConnection then
			--RotationConnection:Disconnect()
		--end
		print(CreatureHandler.creature.Parent.Name.." is the parent before")
		CreatureHandler.creature:Destroy()
		print(CreatureHandler.creature)
		--print(CreatureHandler.creature.Parent.Name.." is the parent after")

spawn(function()
			print"REEEESPAWWNNN"
			CreatureHandler:RespawnCreature()
		end)

CreatureHandler:RewardPlayers()
		print(CreatureHandler.creature.Name.." IS THE ANME OF THE CREATURE")

end)
end

I have also tried destroying parts inside of the spider by doing CreatureHandler.creature.HumanoidRootPart:Destroy() but it doesn’t destroy anything.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and also how I would be able to destroy the actual spider model in workspace?

It almost seems like this is a bug and it shouldn’t work this way.

Any references to the spider should be set to nil, as seen on the developer hub:

I am aware of this already. This doesn’t answer any of my questions. The problem is that when I call :Destroy() it doesn’t destroy the spider inside of workspace. If I set it to nil after I destroy, this problem still occurs.