Detecting an FPS Unlocker

Is checking the FPS the only method of detecting an FPS Unlocker?

Wouldn’t dividing delta by 1 just return itself?

Yes pretty much. No other way sadly.

Oh yeah, it’s not step / 1, it’s 1 / step instead.

I think you want 1/delta. aeiou

How do FPS Unlockers even remove/alter the FPS cap?

I don’t really know, I did see whoever made it on Github say it was “undetectable by roblox unless they heavily change ‘something’”.

But as a Roblox Developer, this should be the only way.

Another way to check is check if framerate stays too consistent and it’s not 60. I don’t know exactly. You’re better to compare framerate to a number.

I’d say it removes or alters a function(s) at the software level.

1 Like

I know games like New User Machine (above players heads) and Plane Crazy (!fps command) have ingame FPS counters, maybe you should ask the devs of those how they find the FPS.

If you read through the post you’d know that I was asking for a different method.

Yeah.

Also, I know there’s better (but usually more complex and slower) methods on this topic, which give higher accuracy as to that.

Why do you wanna detect FPS Unlockers , if anything they are good because they will stop lag for potato devices and get more players, why waste time trying to detect this, also it might not work because FPS unlockers are running on a pc 24/7 they don’t start like exploits that inject from game to game, the unlockers run from Pc boot unless a person ends the task in Task manager.

As others have pointed out, I don’t think there are many other ways to get the FPS counter. RenderStepped (or preferably Heartbeat) and tracking the number of frames rendered since the last second I think is the most reliable method.

As for the second part, I don’t think there’s a reliable way to act on a user whose machine renders frames faster than 60 times/second. Firing something from the server likely isn’t feasible due to latency, and anything on the client can and likely will be removed by any malicious actor.

If your computer can’t run Roblox well without a FPS Unlocker, it will not run better with one.

I don’t even understand anything here.

Also, the part of injecting of the axstin/rbxfpsunlocker is that it doesn’t inject DLLs or whatever. Therefore it’s harder for Roblox to detect that, and even harder for a developer.

I wasn’t planning to use it in a game. I just wanted to learn how.

I said stop lag not run roblox, if you are lagging with the pc you have now and you get an fps unlocker it will help alot. Before I got my gaming PC I had a potato pc and I would have to run below 2 graphics quality, but after I got the unlocker it was a game changer. I still wouldn’t run 5+ GQ but I would be getting about 100+ FPS then With my pc now I would get like 400+ Fps so Its worth it.

^^^
Probably because the actions are being taken in the software itself

Oh, well check for FPS Spikes or increases in FPS, (with out auto inj)

Would not work well.
Detecting if framerate is higher than a certain number has less false positives.

One day you will :slight_smile:

Makes no sense because roblox can’t detect DLL’s because dll’s access a special part of your device no other program can’t this is why all the antiviruses go crazy around exploits and roblox it’s self has no admin/dll privilege’s on a persons device therefore can’t detect it anyway.

Your framerate doesn’t jump higher if you dont have an FPS unlocker my guy . Its capped at 60 so like, it can’t jump unless you have an external program aka FPS Unlockers to do it.

1 Like