Detecting an FPS Unlocker

I have been trying to figure out how to kick anyone using an FPS Unlocker.
I have only thought about this solution.

local fps = -what ever I put here-

if fps => 60 then
       --code
end

Is there anything wrong with this way of detecting an FPS Unlocker? If there is something wrong, are there any other method?

Why would you want to kick people using an fps unlocker? If it breaks your code, than fix it.

1 Like

Thats irrelevant. I’d probably change it to just display a warning or something like that.

Are there any other methods? You basically just repeated my example.

You could look at the posts from these:

You’re repeating my example again. I’m asking if there is another way OTHER than checking the FPS.

No, that is the only way to get client fps.

why so rude

That DOES NOT work. Framerate and PhysicsFPS is different. Physics FPS will never surpass 60.

Also, don’t. do. anything. just. because. someone. uses. a. FPS. Unlocker.

To get framerate basically do this:

local runService = game:GetService("RunService")

local fps = 60

runService.RenderStepped:Connect(function(delta)
    fps = delta / 1
end)

And so you can add a if statement inside this connection to check if fps is higher than a certain number.

4 Likes

I don’t care about people using FPS Unlockers, I use them myself. I just wanted to learn methods of detecting them. Also, is there any other method other than checking FPS?

See the edit above.

However, you might wanna have a higher minimum to detect a FPS unlocker, like 95 FPS to think it’s using a FPS unlocker.

Is checking the FPS the only method of detecting an FPS Unlocker?

Wouldn’t dividing delta by 1 just return itself?

Yes pretty much. No other way sadly.

Oh yeah, it’s not step / 1, it’s 1 / step instead.

I think you want 1/delta. aeiou

How do FPS Unlockers even remove/alter the FPS cap?

I don’t really know, I did see whoever made it on Github say it was “undetectable by roblox unless they heavily change ‘something’”.

But as a Roblox Developer, this should be the only way.

Another way to check is check if framerate stays too consistent and it’s not 60. I don’t know exactly. You’re better to compare framerate to a number.

I’d say it removes or alters a function(s) at the software level.

1 Like

I know games like New User Machine (above players heads) and Plane Crazy (!fps command) have ingame FPS counters, maybe you should ask the devs of those how they find the FPS.

If you read through the post you’d know that I was asking for a different method.

Yeah.

Also, I know there’s better (but usually more complex and slower) methods on this topic, which give higher accuracy as to that.