DevForum Push Notifications on Mobile?

Discourse, the backend of the DevForum you’re looking at right now, has Progressive Web App support. TL;DR, PWAs allow websites to function like installed apps on mobile devices and can be really convenient for things like forums or social media.

I currently have the DevForum installed as a PWA, so it appears as it’s own process in Android’s multitasking menu and uses the DevForum icon.

One thing I’d like to request is support for Push Notifications to be sent to my phone for DevForum notifications. Since I’ve installed the DevForum as a PWA, I’ve found myself using it a lot more than on desktop, whether to waste time browsing things people come with on the platform or contemplating whether or not I should post my take on a given subject. Allowing for Push Notifications would make it more convenient to stay up to date with the conversations held, as most people nowadays have a smartphone on them.

Although Discourse itself already has it’s own app for forums that use their backend, it’s more or less a bookmark manager but it did have push notification support (although it wasn’t reliable in my experience). Installing the DevForum as a PWA also felt a lot more personal to me, it has a place in my life and now has an exclusive space on my phone!

Discourse released a plugin a while ago that supported mobile notifications for hosts to use, and I hope Roblox considers supporting them as well.

8 Likes

Not to be picky but I think this post belongs in inception forum, given the description of it.

As well, it seems like ‘web features’ is specific to the actual Roblox site:

3 Likes