DevLog 4 》RoStats - Stats For You!

Previous Devlog ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​Next Devlog

​ ​ ​​ ​ ← ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ →

Hello I am @NamelessGuy2005! This is my fourth DevLog of RoStats. Before we get into the devlog I want to re-introduce this project.

RoStats, will be a website where you can see stats of different roblox developers, such as

• Discord and Roblox account names and profile pictures
  • Skills (Development Fields - scripting, building, modelling, etc) ranked into 4 levels
  • Status Tags - preset statements that a developer can apply onto their profile (for hire, not for hire, hiring, not hiring)
  • Indicators - a message on a developer’s profile that states the trustworthiness of said developer

Okay, now that everyone is caught up with what the website is now lets get into the updates I have made to the website.

Change 1: Bot Protection

Previously, anyone could easily create a RoStats account (provided they have already created a Roblox account which is not already setup with a different RoStats account). Someone could maliciously create bot accounts and use them to mass upvote their profile. To combat this potential problem, I added hCapcha into the sign up and the sign in pages.

This is what the new sign up and sign in pages look like (you can see what they used to look like in the previous devlogs):

This screenshot has been zoomed out so you can see the entirety of sign up page.

This is what the new skill boxes look like - as of now, the progress displayed are placeholders (you can see what they used to look like in the previous devlogs):

Change 2: New Skill Boxes and Icons

Previously the skill boxes were big, bold but yet unconventional. I have redesigned the skill boxes and swapped out the radial progress bars with a rectangular progress bar.

We will also be expanding the level system by adding courses. Our courses will give you a score on how well you did and give you the correct amount of XP for the corresponding skill. You won’t be able to redo the easy courses to “xp farm”, for example, if a user scored 39/100 on a course and they recieved 39 XP, if the next time they scored 42/100 they would only only recieve 3 XP (42 - 39).

This new system does not mean we are scrapping our application reviewers system. If, for example, a developer doesn’t want to dedicate time to completing courses which they already know the stuff for, they can fill out a form and get a level that the skill application readers think they deserve. If they are unhappy about what level they can apeal (a maximum of 3 times), overwise they will have to wait 30 days to fill out another application.

Change 3: New About Section On Home Page

I made a cool about section on the home page.

We also have a discord now if you want to join:

11 Likes

can’t wait for this to be finished

2 Likes

RoStats is now available. You can find the site by going to https://www.rostats.info

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for the report we are aware of this issue, please read my post here, RoStats 》Stats For Developers (Roblox LinkedIn) - #153 by romqxn. Have a great weekend!

1 Like

Note: I am not staff but I am a Alpha Tester of this site. If you are wondering why you can’t access it:

@IceTheOneAndOnly ^

1 Like

already got an answer lel`

so yeah

Thank you for posting that but I’ve already posted it!

Have a great weekend,

• Roman Junior Moderator and Senior Skill Reviewer @RoStats