Did ROBLOX remove camera interpolation in the past day?

Had some camera code yesterday that worked perfect and today I come on and it doesn’t work at all even though I changed nothing…

5 Likes

Could be related to the new player scripts that were enabled today:

2 Likes

Thanks, definitely think that is the cause. I just played some other games that use interpolation and they were also messed up. Don’t see why roblox had to mess with this…

Because changing the playerscripts makes it easier for developers to customize. There are reasons for every feature – you should be open to this before assuming that they are useless and bad. Make sure to post this bug with appropriate information on the thread linked above.

2 Likes

I got another way working for camera tweening now at this point, sometimes it is hard to stay optimistic about an update when it at first breaks more things than it solves.

2 Likes

It’s not always possible to find every single bug with a change, so it’s unavoidable that there will be issues. Roblox is more than eager to ensure games continue working though:

so there should not be any problems with staying optimisic.

1 Like

Awesome news, glad ROBLOX is addressing this accordingly.

The update is still active though and most games with camera-based shops aren’t working as intended.

You are pinging the wrong person.

No, I replied to the right person. Thought I’d just mention it to you.

I’ve experienced this myself with camera interpolation, worked before the update so I’ll wait for a patch.
Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this.

EchoReaper isn’t in control of whether or not the update is enabled. You pinged the wrong person because he can’t solve your issue. If you want an issue solved, take it up with the appropriate staff, and if you don’t have access to any threads which you can voice your concern then ping AllYourBlox here.

Another option is filing a bug report. The solution to features breaking your (or any) game isn’t to tell a lead top contributor.

2 Likes