Different Server Types

i want to make a game with different server types what i mean is you get onto them though different teleportation methods
This is what i got:
Normal Server: Done
Is the default server you join on pressing play

Secret Server: Done
Block hidden somewhere in the map which u have to touch to tp to this server
VIP server: idk
Basically a vip server i want a custom gui saying vip server at the top tho
Queue Server: idk
Like in story games which you get in a queue and when the timer runs out your teleported
Private Server: Done
You hit a button to tp you to this server but it can only have 1 player per server
Invite Server: idk
You own this server and can invite anyone you like to this server and if they are ingame it will promt them with the invite
List Servers: idk
Same as an invite server but is public and you can join it by searching for it on a list of servers
GUI tp Server: Done
Same as normal server just you can to teleport to it by hitting a button on screen
And i also want a gui which lists all normal servers (like the server list on the website you can find one on trade hangout)

if i put Server: idk it means I don’t know how to do that type and need help if there is a topic which answers one of the servers I don’t know how to make make sure to link it

1 Like

I would consider doing some research before asking for help. You’re are literally asking on how to tackle somewhat large aspects without any context on how to go about it. You should also search! Anyways, here are my few pointers. Also, please format your text, it’s not nice to read something like that :grinning:

V.I.P Server:
You would have to see if a player owns a gamepass by passing through their “UserId”, and the gamepass Id. If they do, you can allow them to have the option to teleport to a server, which is accessible through a gui or other through various ways such as touched event that functions when they go over to a certain place, and get teleported, etc. For the custom gui, you can just create a simple one knowing that they have the gamepass, and cannot be expolited.
Queue Server:
You can do this by checking a specific player count or Max player count in the server, and go from there. For example, once the players is equal to max players, you can start a countdown and teleport them, when it gets to 0.

Invite Server:
I can’t provide much on this, but you can use "Messaging Service. MessagingService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub. This can send messages between all servers and places within the same universe. A "Universe is is basically a group of places that make up or are linked together to create a game. You can also learn more here Messaging Service

List Server:
This is a bit more advanced. But there are a load of topics created about this. see here https://devforum.roblox.com/search?context=category&context_id=55&q=Server%20list&skip_context=false

1 Like

the vip server ment like the vip server they renamed private server but i will do what u said

also how do i get people into the queue idk that much lua

what do you mean vip server, how is that any different to a private server?

THE ONE WHICH U CAN BUY ON THE WEBSITE bruh

oh, that’s funny :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Why ask that when you can clearly search it up on the internet? Don’t come here to be spoonfed, without any intention to do work yourself.

i did and didnt find anything i only found piggy and arsenal stuff

Look, I’m not going to argue with you, but “piggy and arsenal stuff” is completely irrelevant to do with “how to create a vip/private server”. With a simple search, you would’ve found this.

i know that i want to have a custom gui show up on vip servers

i still dont know how to make the queue

I suggest you do some research yourself, as I can’t just give away code.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+make+a+custom+gui+show+up+in+a+private+server+roblix&rlz=1C1CHWL_enES847ES847&oq=how+to+make+a+custom+gui+show+up+in+a+private+server+roblix&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.12951j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

this only shows up on a vip server idc that its owner only i dont need that part now do u understand

I don’t understand what you are meant by this, but do you want the owner of vip server to have a specific gui?

If so, then you have to simply detect the owner of the vip server and call a function that shows a gui only for them. But first of all, if you want to go ahead and do something like this, you must understand the basics. What I mean by that is knowing how to detect if a server is private, v.i.p, or public. see Are VIP servers working properly? - #2 by Corecii. If you want to then progress to finding the owner see Detecting who owns the VIP Server and giving them a GUI. This requires getting the player’s userId and seeing if its equal to the PrivateServerOwnerId. Hope this helps! If you need any more help feel free to dm :innocent:

1 Like

If you’re new to scripting, I would not recommend making custom server types. It requires at least some knowledge of cross-server communication and the Lua behind it, which it seems like you lack.

Searching Google for a hundred and one topics that fit your specific criteria is not an efficient way of learning to program, or getting things done in general.

Anyways, here’s my bucket list for you. But, generally, you shouldn’t aim too far ahead of your skill level. You should practice on smaller things, and work your way up once you start understanding Lua
https://www.lua.org/pil/2.html

1 Like