Difficulties Circumventing "PromptPassPurchaseFinished" Default Behavior

I think OP just added the pls donate part at the end as an example that it’s possible to do, not that he’s making a donation game.

Preference isn’t always compatible with API so I would never consider that a valid use case but I can understand on the side of wanting to update some effects without needing the player’s input on the purchase prompt especially when you want to represent this in analytics or otherwise.

For this use case, you’ll either want to lead with developer products or do some trickery with long polling. That is, don’t directly long poll to the MarketplaceService API as somoene suggested in this thread but instead queue up players who request the purchase then you can check that queue every now and again to see if they own the pass and if so, perform your effects. That being said, it’s not immediate and is somewhat of a hack.

No? A use case wasn’t provided, so I was responding specifically to the question of “can the prompt event’s behaviour be circumvented”, which it can’t. What’s being misunderstood here is instead using a supposedly existing example of what OP wants to accomplish as their actual deployment case.

This still is about checking a game pass because you obviously need to do that to grant any kind of effect. Even if, supposedly, OP’s use case was in fact their example case of an experience apparently granting instanteous effects even from a game pass purchase, it doesn’t make the involvement of checking ownership agnostic to the prompt any less important.

1 Like