Disable < and > keys rotating camera

I want make my camera to only able to see player character’s front-side, but when I pressed < key and > key, It rotates the camera instead of doing nothing, how do I disable it? The camera type is already scriptable.

I’m sorry if there are some topics that talks about this problem, but I can’t find it since the topic search engine doesn’t detect symbol characters.

Thank you.

1 Like

Try this.

Via colbert2677

What I meant by < and > is not arrow keys, but two keys in the right side of “M” key in keyboard.

Edit: I tried to change the “Enum…Up, etc.” to “Enum…Comma and Period”, but it doesn’t fix the problem, the camera still rotates when I press < (or comma) and > (or period)

Weren’t those camera controls removed a long time ago?

2 Likes

Those keys don’t rotate the camera, the arrow keys do. The right facing arrow (period) does not have a bound function and the left facing arrow (comma) is used to bring up the emote wheel which can be disabled via SetCore, SetCoreGuiEnabled and StarterPlayer respectively.

You can still use the provided code sample to sink the input of the arrow keys. Sink Enum.KeyCode.Left and Enum.KeyCode.Right.

2 Likes

No, i just tested it out.
robloxapp-20210703-0030461.wmv (2.6 MB)

After trying to do the same thing outside studio, the key doesn’t rotate the camera like in studio, maybe, it is now a studio-only feature?

Thank you everyone!

3 Likes