Disable Default Roblox Animations On Certain Limbs

I’m trying to disable the limbs affected by the default R15 animations on certain limbs via a script. The reason why I’m doing this is because I want the animations to be used sometimes on certain limbs and other times not. I know that Roblox animations adjust the Transform property of a motor. My idea was to keep setting this value to CFrame.new() on a RenderStepped but for some reason it’s still not working.

Any idea why?

You have to be more explicit when you say “doesn’t work”. That’s not significant enough information to determine what’s happening, especially when a repro video is not present.

See this thread on the release of the property if you need any fundamental guidance:

1 Like
local RUN_SERVICE = game:GetService("RunService")

local PLAYER = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local char

RUN_SERVICE.RenderStepped:connect(function(dt)
	if PLAYER.Character ~= char then
		char = PLAYER.Character
	end
	if char then
		char.RightUpperArm.RightShoulder.Transform = CFrame.new()
        char.RightLowerArm.RightElbow.Transform = CFrame.new()
        char.RightHand.RightWrist.Transform = CFrame.new()
	end
end)

This script in an empty place under StarterPlayerScripts won’t work. The default animations still affect the right arm.

Has to do with the timing at which Transform is set. Don’t use RenderStepped, use Stepped as shown in the Motor6D release announcement thread. This code works fine for me after changing to Stepped. Remember the order of how things run per frame: Stepped runs after the Humanoid, where Humanoid tasks also involve animations. RenderStepped runs effectively before a frame renders.

Why do the boxes under Frame 2 differ from the one under Frame 1 for the render section?

Refer to the post above it, then the whole thread for context.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message or create a new thread in regards to frame tasks. Let’s keep this thread relevant to animations and transforms, as per the OP.

I’m not sure about the specifics myself, only the timing as of right now.