Disabling ingame animations for client

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’m working on graphic toggle, and on low graphics i wanna turn all animations of other objects except player one
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    Idk how to do that
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub? I check tons of topics, but didn’t find any about this

My current graphic changer code:

local GraphicsHandlerEvent = workspace.Events.GraphicsHandlerEvent
local Lighting = game:GetService("Lighting")
local Player = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
GraphicsHandlerEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(quality)
	if quality == "Low" then
		Lighting.GlobalShadows = false

end
end)

Bumping this topic, cuz no answers

You can base your code to be something that looks like this. This may not be the answer you’re looking for, but it might help with making the system.

1 Like

I wish that could help, but i literally need to turn animations off on low graphics, i looked up though tons of topics, and didn’t find any working method

You could maybe store all the animations in a table and deactivate them.

Well i was thinking about that, but i have server & client animations and that would stop only client-sided animations

Then use a remote event to do it.

But this would disable animations for the other players on the server, and that is bad

Fire it back to the client then.

But i can’t disable server animation for client using remote events and just disable them manually by script duh

You can fire back, look at the remotevent documentation.

now try this code

local GraphicsHandlerEvent = workspace.Events.GraphicsHandlerEvent
local Lighting = game:GetService("Lighting")
local Player = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
GraphicsHandlerEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, quality)
	if quality == "Low" then
		Lighting.GlobalShadows = false

end
end)

I’m just dumb instead of

Event

I used

OnServerEvent

But it works.

And also about that. Local script have identity 2 and this requires identity 5(plugin)
EDIT: You can’t set player quality settings by a script, because that could be abused by games, you can only check his graphic level

Oh sorry, thought I could use it.

I think i will mark this topic as solved, because i checked few topics about server animations, and they don’t really decrease fps for client, so i won’t disable animations on low graphics, i have few things what should be disabled: effects and some client animations, thank everyone for help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.