Disabling Pivot Points

To keep my question concise and blunt, is there any way to “disable” any pivot point manipulation?

While building and editing models, pivot points are constantly shifted and moved around relative to the center of the model. This happening forces me to constantly “reset” the points back manually. It’s tedious and time-consuming.

Click here to see an example of how this works

Create a Part and create a model around it

Select the Part (not the model) and resize it

If you look at the model’s pivot point, it didn’t update as the Part’s did, it stayed where it was

Alternatively, if you add more parts to the model, the pivot point must be reset as well to be centered again

Is there any way to disable points moving around and such and just have them always be centered like they are by default or any other way to circumvent this issue?

3 Likes

hey dude take look at this it may help you out Pivot Points - Studio Beta

1 Like

go to file then beta fuatuers then turn off enroll in beta channle

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response, I completely forgot it was even in Beta.

Too bad the only way to fix this is to disable it completely though, it’s such a nice feature…

It is in beta but it won’t be for much longer.

What kind of use case do you have where you’re frequently editing parts inside a model enough that where the model is located is shifting around?

If you set the PrimaryPart for the model then the Pivot will “follow” that PrimaryPart as it moves around, which is supposed to cover most cases where you want the pivot to change as you edit something.

2 Likes

What kind of use case do you have where you’re frequently editing parts inside a model enough that where the model is located is shifting around?

There are plenty. The most common being rescaling a part inside of a model (picture a building) so that it fits its environment better.

If you set the PrimaryPart for the model then the Pivot will “follow” that PrimaryPart as it moves around, which is supposed to cover most cases where you want the pivot to change as you edit something.

Setting a PrimaryPart still locks it, but I center it myself it will still cause the same issue for me, just to that particular part rather than a constantly changing position unrelative to any part. It’s better, but then it would still no longer be centered as I want (like how it was Pre-Pivot Points).