Discord Purchase Logs

Heyy! Does anyone have a script that sends a webhook to log purchases in-game (Dev Products)? Like.

:money_with_wings: kennzlys just purchased Speed Boost.

^ will send to discord (via webhook).

I’ll have multiple dev products for the purchase logs so if possible, please explain how to add them, thank u in advance!!

You shouldn’t really be having purchase logs because Discord doesn’t like it when there are too many requests, but if you don’t care:

You should check this post out, if it doesn’t work, try YouTube, theres a couple of helpful videos out there.

1 Like

Could I probably have an example script for that? I’m not really a scripter and I struggle to do the scripts.

Easiest tutorial by far

going off of @Mememoxzine’s comment, Discord has blocked Roblox from sending webhooks, so change the https://discordapp.com/api to https://webhook.lewistehminerz.dev/api (which is what I use to post to discord)

2 Likes

I must discommend the idea of using discord as it’s against Discord’s ToS to use it as a logging service. It’s free to make a nodejs type of logger. With Roblox’s compliance over the various “Right to be Forgotten” laws, you’re liable to have to clean up any profilable data you’re storing which would extend to your logs, and it looks like you intend to store profilable data indefinitely.

On a side note, it’s a bit creepy to log specifically who and when is spending money, isn’t it? Roblox gives satisfactory analytics about gamepass sales already

1 Like

there is already tutorial for this:

Oh thanks for informing us that, I truly would’ve never known without your information. I appreciate it

Please stop using discord as a logging service, if you really want to then make a simple script which stores purchases in a datastore and so if you receive a request to wipe all player’s data you can just remove every record associated with their userId instead of going through all the Webhook’s messages

thank you to everyone for the tips & help, I’ll review this once I available!

Like the replies said above, do not use discird as a LOGGING SERVICE as it is against the discord tos.

One alternative you can try which i’ve seen someone do it is using MessagingService to publicly post a server message whenever someone buys a gamepass/developer product