Discord - Roblox Webhook Abuse

I’ve set up a reporting system in game on roblox, but there is one problem, Players could use bots to spam the webhook report on multiple different accounts and Disc will block the webhook or issue out punishments and/or warnings if requests are high, how could I stop bots from abusing it considering all gui stuff is client side? Thanks.

2 Likes

you could do an account age check to see if the account is longer than a certain amount of days… and/or you could do a manual table of the alleged bots.

I assume the logic to send the request to Discord is on the server. Keep a record of when a player has submitted and don’t submit again for a given timeout.

On a side note, you are allowed to say Roblox and Discord here on this professional platform and there isn’t a tax on letters - you don’t need to abbreviate them.

1 Like

Don’t use a remote, as those can get spammed. Make it so that there is a 5 minute cooldown for the report. Also maybe look into different options for logging, as you can get ratelimted. The other option is to queue the requests, so that it sends a certain amount of messages that are queued every minute, to prevent it being sent every single time the button is pressed, as that could cause chaos.

Try using this module, to make it easier to queue your requests.

I’ve been using this model(https://www.roblox.com/library/573392372/Discord-webhook-feedback-system) for a couple of months it is pretty good and it has specific time that could be used to prevent spam, and it is FE.

1 Like

Use the discord webhook module that DoctorBurn gave or learn to utilize the Discord webhook headers with RequestAsync to create your own rate limited request script. Ideally, just don’t let people make multiple requests within a short amount of time by a server debounce, maybe one report per hour or minute.

A bit irrelevant but you shouldn’t use Discord for your game reporting system for the long run, you might want to try using a server that holds the report details, like Firebase or MongoDB.

The Discord webhook limit is I believe 30 requests a minute. As long as you don’t pass that you’ll be fine. I’ve used Discord webhooks before, and what I do is make a 2 minute time out between every report, to make sure they are not able to spam it. Also, if I do happen to catch somebody somehow spamming it (that is not a bot of course), I add them to a list of people that can’t see the button anymore, and therefore not able to send any more reports.

Unfortunately for games with a high player cap, this can mean players can join bots on and spam the webhook on multiple different accounts, thats whatim trying to get around.

Alright, you got any tutorials on this kind of thing for roblox?

They are pretty much generic, since, it’s just PostAsync and some node.js stuff.