Discord-To-Roblox Ban bot

Yea glitch works fine. It produces that error when I try to run the doPost function.
Do I only run setup?

Yeah, do I have to do doPost, doGet, or setup?

I was going to edit my reply, but I found out lel.

Run setup.

Also, I found you can use that to test if you are sending too many requests to Google.
At any time when your game is sending too many requests, you will see a red error message saying “too many requests in one day” (assuming you test by running setup).

1 Like

Fantastic! I was in need of an appeal and I finally found it. I will definitely share more about this spectacular Tutorial, Congratulations! @Kensizo

2 Likes

Hiya! I am interested in the booster reward! Is there a way I can purchase the code?

The code for this could use a lot of work.

Firstly, as I’ve already mentioned previously. Storing the bot token in the source is very bad practice, and should be avoided.

Secondly, while this: if (message.author.id != BOTID) {
works, It’s a bad solution because it means other bots could still trigger the command.

It’s best to just do if(message.author.bot) return;, this means the user doesn’t have to edit the code with their bot id, and other discord bots won’t be able to trigger the command.

1 Like

Does this work on VIP servers?
Because i’ve seen a lot of ban systems, that does not get updated on VIP servers.
As they use DataStore.
And DataStore can’t sync between VIP servers and non VIP servers, unless your in that server.

2 Likes

Hello @Master3395,

This system works on every server that is linked with! Even VIP, it doesn’t use ROBLOX Datastore, it uses google sheets! :slight_smile:. Due to fact it regularly checks (5 seconds) to see if the person is banned or not. This is possible via google sheets being an off-site source is updates immediately. So, it WILL work on VIP servers! it’s also remote via Discord!

With best regards,
AlertShamrock

Awesome.
I do wish there was a tutorial on how to set up your own mysqli database, to do this system.
I find it easier to use a mysqli database, as a google account, is not meant to store such information.

2 Likes

Is this able to be hosted on visual studio code?

1 Like

This bot is generally old and hard to set up I suggest using v4 [V4] Discord-To-Roblox Bot | 100% Free, New, User Friendly & Stable! - #24

That is general biased (opinion) comment to be honest, but this bot I have been using for half a year and it super easy, and super to easy to make another file on the same sheet to ban them from appealing. I honestly been loving this system. This took me all of 25 minutes set up! (excluding studio load time and reading instructions.) Per the Freedom of Speech, we are all entitled to very own opinions. I am glad that bot you made works for you.

1 Like

i keep gettings this error, i have changed code and looked up it on axios, but i keep getting this error

You can use this version if you want, but there was a 2nd version released.

oh, i didnt know that

thank you

Oh boy. Now a lot of people are going be on glitch running around with html/js and make glitch go haywire,

and why not do it on the glitch forum instead? I think this would be a better fit on there because roblox is NOT html/js based, it’s Lua.

Well, I think it would be more appropriate to put it on the Roblox DevForum because this is directed towards Roblox developers rather than Glitch users that may or may not play Roblox.

2 Likes

The bot works and detects the ban message from discord but doesn’t post it on google sheets.

Doesn’t work July 27th 2020 :frowning: man this looked really cool too. Roblox side works, but not the discord side.

You will have to find another hosting provider to host the Discord bot on as Glitch does not allow pinging services anymore.