Discord webhook not working (HTTP 403 Error)

Is private. I can’t see anything there :sweat_smile:

Because it’s breaking TOS, so he removed it.

Yea, but u can still use Guilded.gg

Guilded is not made or owned by Roblox in any way, shape, or form.

Roblox owned it after purchase Guilded.gg but is still develop by Guilded.inc ;-;

Guilded - Wikipedia.

Interesting. Was not aware of that purchase. Don’t know why they don’t advertise it.

1 Like

RE: Old post.

The discordapp.com method is now banned.

You officially cannot send webhooks through Roblox as in it’s against Discord TOS.
Only way to go over this is to use a third party service provider.

You can replace “discord.com” with “hooks.hyra.io” (top trusted proxy) to send webhooks, or you can use other proxies.

5 Likes

This is most likely due to the server using a Proxy.

Cloudflare DNS has blocked Roblox requests from reaching Discord due to the fact that some developers have ignored their previous warning(s) about using the HTTPService for spammy things such as join logs and such.

This is not true, discord webhooks still work. Cloudfare has not blocked Roblox requests from reaching Discord because they still do reach discord. Webhooks that were found to be breaking Discord’s TOS were blocked by discord, but this has always happened. Newly made webhooks should still work. I am still able to send messages from my roblox game to discord via a discord webhook, but it is important to not create spammy discord webhooks because they will eventually be blocked.

The webhook requests have been blocked since the first of the month and have not been un-blocked since. You may have webhooks because you’re using a proxy, or if you are in studio they should work because Roblox Studio uses yours (the clients) IP but if you play the game it will not work because the webhook requests IP has been blocked by Cloudflare. Even new webhooks will not go through and if you type “Discord webhook” in topics you will see that it is indeed universal.

1 Like

I have an old webhook, that still works. But im transferring discord servers, which obviously requires a new webhook. The new ones dont work. This sucks because I used it to let people send feedback to me on what I should add to my game.

Strange since I created one not too long ago and my webhook works just fine.

I’m having this game issue, except it works fine in studio, but in game returns an error HTTP 403 forbidden.

Discord has blocked requests from Roblox due to abuse of their API and people not respecting ratelimits.

Ah, well that puts a damper on things. I’ll have to find another way around it then.

You can host your own proxy but if you do, I recommend that you make sure to respect their ratelimits and not abuse it.

Well it was gonna be used for an application centre, so there would hardly be a request a day. I think discord should implement a rate limit themselves, so that webhooks aren’t flooded.

They do have a ratelimit system but people sending requests from Roblox were not using the response status to see and wait for the ratelimit cooldown to end if they got ratelimited.

If you end up creating a proxy, I recommend this resource.