DistanceFade - A transparency falloff effect for your games

depends, what sort of effect are you looking for?

It’s literally just a border for my map, where if you get close to it it’ll indicate you can’t go past.

default settings seem fine to me

Didn’t you just say the effect didn’t work because you had to get too close?

and by the way, I tried it in my game and it still doesn’t work…

Do you want me to give access to you to my game so you can see what’s wrong?

Your place file that you sent was working as intended. If you walk near the border parts the effect appears, and if you walk away from the parts the effect fades out. That’s the intended functionality

I understand, but in my game (which I didn’t send because it’s a huge map) it just doesn’t work.

so if you copied the model from the place file you sent into your game it doesn’t work?

The place file world border is copied from the original game.

I wouldn’t give people you don’t know access to your game, even if you have a problem. It’s not worth the risk

Can you add me on discord so I can make a copy of it and send it over?

maybe they are on the wrong side of the barrier… and it is only seen from one face…

I literally check using decals so it should work.

if you want to send your @ I can take a look at the place file

@bloxikgames (chars Chars chars)

Amazing resource :smiley:

This will be handy for my new puzzle oriented game project. Glad to see so many folks helping out making cool things out of this! Keep it up dude :heart:

1 Like

This is actually really neat to see; great work!

1 Like

@xander_z22 ,Would it be possible to make this do the opposite of what it does now. Instead of displaying the texture where the player is closest to, it displays the texture everywhere else. I’m not exactly sure how I could achieve this, could you please help and at least give a hint if you don’t have any time. The reason for this is because I want to display beams inside the space where the texture would be in the version you showed, but beams do Not appear in viewportframes. The idea is to use the texture to mask the beam and make it so you can’t see it. I want to replicate this: [illpoet13]
[How to Solve the Door 6 puzzle in Rrevelations Half Life Alyx] .Thank you for reading

you can probably reverse the transparency curves on the uigradients to get the inverse effect, and set the middle four imagelabel tiles to transparent for starters