Distant gunshot sound effects

Hello DevForum,

I am wondering how would I be able to make a gun shot sound more deeper and louder from a distance? I have tried using various SoundEffects from the object menu and tried playing with each of their properties, but none of them have really satisfied my needs. I have tried EchoSoundEffect and an echo really isn’t what I am looking for.

I have also tried to find a sound effect similar to what I wish to achieve since I cannot really grasp what I am trying to communicate in words. This may be the similar effect I wish to achieve with sound effects.

Thank you to anybody who can assist me in any way.

1 Like

For my gun system, when a player fires a weapon, it sends a client event to the server which in turn sends a client event to all players, and depending on their distance, it plays a certain sound. This is how I do distant gunshot effects.

Hey, thanks so much for the reply!

Is there a way/technique to make a gun sound distant on a third party application maybe then upload it to roblox? I was trying to avoid having to make a new sound for each gun to represent the sound effect but if this is the only way then I am definitely up to consider it.

try adding up the PlaybackSpeed inside of the Sound. i hope i helped you!

It kinda did help but it was kinda the opposite I was going for, I have also tried lowering the playback speed. Nothing promising. Thanks for the reply though! :wink:

why dont you loop a gun sound like:
fast cast but in the part you just clone the sound instead
You get it right?

I do not understand, I also do not believe I have used fast cast either.

as easy as possible, just create a new part, then position it to the origin, then use tween to position it to the mouse position, and just play a sound inside a part (new method: dont clone!)

I do not believe that is what I was intending.

put an equalizer sound effect in the distant sound, play with it. play the normal sound and distant sound at the same time. the distant sound should have a higher rolloffmaxdistance than the normal sound, and make sure the rollofftype in each sound is inversetapered

this is mostly for new people coming for answers

edit: a good equalizer setting would be:

high = -80
low = 10
mid = -80

for bonus points make a sound with a maxdistance in the middle of the normal and distant sound with an equalizer like this (to make the sound muffled but still sharper than then the max distance sound)

high = -80
low = 10
mid = 10

the sounds should be in the muzzle or handle of the gun for obvious reasons and they should all be played at the same time.

the close up/normal gunshot sound should have a rolloffmaxdistance of like 50-100

the medium distance gunshot sound should have a rolloffmaxdistance of like 500

the distant gunshot sound should have a rolloffmaxdistance of 1000+

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.