Do You Get Banned For Using Other People's Clothes/Accessories?

Hey!
im kind of asking right here if is it okay to use other’s clothes and ugcs on your game? since its for character dressing and stuff like that, and kind of want to make a thumb with the assets im using, so can it be ok? or should it be only from yours?

2 Likes

According to this, they were planning to start moderating games/owners for using Marketplace items unless a prominent Buy button was being displayed when being worn by players.

They paused this decision so, idk how this will play out. If you design your game around player’s wearing catalog items for free you may have to change it at some point or be moderated.

I would get permission from the Creators of said UGC that you would like to use.

Joke. Their TOS gives them (Roblox) permission to use anything any user uploads to the platform at all for literally anything, AND without the user’s consent.

1 Like

I’m not so sure but to be safe I suggest asking the creator of the item, if they don’t respond to be safe I think you shouldn’t use it because I think I remember seeing some new rule from Roblox about treating other creators with respect and protecting their Intellectual Property, I’m sure this doesn’t help your case but I’m just hopping on to say this.

I think you’ll be fine only if players are able to purchase that clothing in your game like catalog avatar creator does

As far as I know, no one got punished for using assets made by or uploaded to Roblox in their Roblox games. However there was gonna be an policy update like that enforcing that creators shouldn’t be able to use catalog assets it never got anywhere and was heavily criticized.