Do you guys always look for help when facing problems?

Idk which category this should be in. Do you guys often use dev forum to solve your development problems? For instance when I’m scripting I’m only using dev forum if I really can’t solve the bug and that is like 2-3 days. Whenever I face difficult bugs I don’t use dev forum right away because I know that if I try I will somehow solve the bug and get better. You can’t just rely on other people, you need to solve your own problems yourself so you learn how to do it. Now I don’t say that it’s wrong to use dev forum but not so often as many people does. How often do you guys use dev forum to solve development problems and issues?

3 Likes

When I was genuinely confused about something, I’d post a topic regarding the problem. I guess that’s what the scripting support category is for. You shouldn’t be ashamed to ask for help, as long as you learn from your mistakes.

3 Likes

Not often cause my posts get barely any replies and its probably something I can figure out by myself

2 Likes

Sometimes yea if it’s considerably difficult to find a solution I will go on Google, if it’s more specific or complex I’ll go on devforum.

1 Like

I try to debug myself before searching the dev forum or making a post. A lot of the time it’s just me mixing up a few checks or variables or math.

1 Like

I always try to debug it myself first and am mostly successful as I’m pretty experienced, In the event that I fail to fix it myself I check the Scripting Support and Bug Report sections for similar problems to mine and as a last resort I go on the Unofficial Devforum Discord to ask for help as the people there are typically quite knowledgeable.

1 Like

My checklist:

1. Try searching DevForum
  2. Try searching google.
  3. Try searching YouTube
  4. Ask DevForum
1 Like
  1. Look for typing errors
  2. Look for constructor errors (using the wrong ones)
  3. Fly through the devforum for any relevant posts
  4. Smash my keyboard to find any relevant google results
  5. Rarely use youtube if it’s desperate
  6. Ask scripting helpers
  7. Ask devforum
  8. If all else fails then rescript it
1 Like

Of course not it’s just that the thing you don’t learn by asking others is to solve problems. You get better at it the more you solve them

The more you solve then yourself the more you learn

I try looking for posts that are related to my problem, but I don’t really find anything that helps. I just try experimenting, and I’d eventually find a way to fix my problem or I’d just forget about it.

Rarely, I mostly do this:
1, check bugs
2, check the whole script
3, delete and start again
4, search on DevForum
5, search on Youtube
6, Try taking a break
7, repeat it all
8, ask