Does case openings violate TOS?

I’m planning on making a case opening UI for my game e.g. Uncommon, common, epic etc that sort of thing but I’m wondering if it violates the TOS as I saw a few contradicting posts especially since the rules have changed on gambling recently.

• You will be able to buy tokens using robux and use those tokens to open cases which you can get in-game items.
  • You can also earn these tokens by playing the game (not via other gambling).
7 Likes

Really much depends, if its too heavly based on gambling then maybe. But in general, no.

5 Likes

if you make it so you lose the other item, then it could’ve be. but if your just makin a case system then you should be fine. just don’t make it about gambling.

3 Likes

Exact same system as Counter Blox, nothing happened to them, you should be good.

4 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Guidelines around users paying for random virtual items:

2 Likes

Not sure if its still a thing when pet simulator got ??? chances

2 Likes

Technically it is not allowed to have ??? chances. The provider must have a percentage given else it’s not allowed

2 Likes

it doesnt matter, even the new pet sim does it so roblox wont pay attention to it or care

2 Likes

But does that use in-game currency, or is it only for “Robux or other currency”.

If you can build in-game currency without paying Robux then you may be able to get away with ??? percentages.

1 Like

I remember there was a robux only egg in thier shop gui with “???” chances before, seems like they removed it.

2 Likes

How do chances work like is it only for case openings which has a chance of you not getting it or how much of a chance each specific item has of you getting it as my case openings you get 1 item anyway automatically but a random one.

1 Like

This is called weighting. The more weight the higher chance X is chosen.

Answering your question:

• Gambling is not permitted whatsoever. This includes the exchange of an ingame currency or Robux for a crate which has any chance of obtaining nothing.
  • Lootboxes, which is permitted, must comply with the following guidelines:
    • PolicyService must be used to prevent users from certain territories from accessing this system.
    • You must indicate the chances each item is obtained (ex. Common 60%, Epic 10%…).
    • User must always obtain an item after purchase.
    • The case can be bought either with Robux or ingame currency, that may be obtained from playing or bought with Robux.

Shrimple.

This is called a ToS violation. Even if the chances are so small it’s insignificant (0.00000001%).

2 Likes

Yeah thats answered it, its more like loot openings where you will obtain an item no matter what.

My question was as to whether in-game currency that’s not related to 'Robux or other currency’ is counted.

I wasn’t sure if the ‘other currency’ was limited to only real world currency.

That doesn’t matter. If it’s a lootbox it’s got to show the chances.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.