Does my game have any hope?

I apologise if this is in the incorrect section, I don’t really know where to place it.

Hello! I recently ran a sponsorship for my cart ride game and I’m looking to see if the results I gained (clicks and visits) indicate that my game has potential to gain in popularity.

I am fully aware that 60 ROBUX per day for two days isn’t a lot of Robux to spend on a sponsorship.
I do have a lot more robux, I’m honestly just a little worried to use it. I don’t want the sponsorships to be a total flop.

All I need to know is are my results positive and do you think it’d be wise and safe to spend more robux on a second wave of sponsorships.
If so, how much more robux is normal? Are we talking 1k-2k or 5k-10k or 10k+?
If you’d like to share anything else about sponsorships, feel free to let me know in the replies!

CTR is a bit low, but 16 visists for 120 robux spent? Seems a bit low.

But CPC is nice, you seem to have a solid game. Anywho, I haven’t ran ads before, but, I wish you good luck. (Seems okay, and yes it has hope)

2 Likes

a 120 robux sponsor doesnt do much but thay doesnt mean your game has no hope, however you run separate ads for phone and mobile (and console)

80% of ur budget on pc 20% on mobile
if you want console
30% on console 50% on pc 20% on mobile but thats just mine, it depends on the type of game you have and the audience you’re looking for

2 Likes

would you recommend me trying a larger amount of robux and seeing how that does?

You need a better icon and start doing ads. Your icon needs to be bolder and with the name of the big and bright so that it stands out amongst the other games.

Sponsors are all about Icons.

2 Likes

In terms of how much you ought to spend on this game, consider how much this game is making you after putting the 120 in. If you earned more than that, then by all means, gamble more robux in. If you got back nothing, then yeah, maybe consider making another game.

I’ve made a guide regarding ads, and how to make games that generate money here.

1 Like

thanks for all the feedback you gave in both of your posts! i really really do appreciate it!
i’ve been thinking about having an icon commissioned and now you’ve 100% convinced me!

i’ve made actually quite a nice amount so i must have had some really generous players join.

again, thank you so much!

If (and only if) this game is earning you back more than the initial 120 you put in during the sponsor phase then you’re good to do further experimentation and data collection.

Get a better Icon, then hire someone to make you 2 or 3 different ads (must be different styles, and all must be skyscraper since they perform better).

Have a free weekend someday, and put in 1k (either spread equally or for each ad depending on your budget) on ads, and 1k on sponsors. Keep an eye on the concurrents, and run some analytics over what gamepasses people are buying, and how long they are staying in game, how the retention is doing.

If you manage to earn back the rbx from the initial trial test, then you can continue to the third phase. If not, then cut your losses and make another game.

Third phase is you take a look at how much money you have, and how much you’re willing to lose and still be happy. (e.g. if you have 500k rbx total, but you’re only able to lose 50k and still be happy, then you use 50k. If you have 100k to lose, then use that). Never spend more rbx on ads than you are okay with losing. Ads and sponsors are pretty much a complete gamble and putting faith on lady luck.

This amount of money that you’re willing to lose is your ad campaign budget. Split it in half. The first half you will use in the first month since that is the most important. The second half you will use in the following months.

For the first month, split the percentage of clicks that you’ve obtained during the test phase where you put 1k on sponsors and ads. This percentage of how well each ad/ sponsor performed is the percentage share of the first month budget that you ought to spend. (You may want to multiply the sponsor share by a factor of x1.5 as they tend to give you players of the target audience, ie increasing player retention as they are more likely to stay in game/ come back for another play session)

Keep collecting data and analytics each time you run ads to not waste money. And run the second set of ads over the next few months if successful.

Beware of ads saturation which is a phenomenon that ads become less successful the more you run them, as more players out of the entire roblox daily users would have seen it. If your game is lacking replayability and/or has bad player retention, make another game and rinse and repeat with the budget you’ve generated off this one.

4 Likes

thank you so much for this absolutely massive post!
i will 100% be using these tips
i really do appreciate this!!!

1 Like

#help-and-feedback:game-design-support

I tried advertising one of my games for 10 R$, and nobody played it. Did I expect them to play? No. I did get a few clicks though.

You need to spend more robux and possibly change the title. Having [ALPHA] right in front of the title is one of the worst things you can do for discoverability. Place it after the title so people can actually read it on smaller screens.

When CTR is low and CPC is high it means that you need to bid more on your ad. Mobile communities should also get ads as well.

1 Like