Does Roblox Accept Images Of Well Known People?

I uploaded a picture of Rick May that I found for a model I was making
I got a warning
why?
rick may

come on
granted it is kind of dumb for Roblox to not allow pictures of celebrities.

If this is your photo or you have a licence to use it and it is of a well-known celebrity then you can likely appeal and get the mod review team to consider it.

If you don’t have permission to use it then you shouldn’t be uploading it anyway for copyright, so it’s probably good they blocked it even if the underlying reason was different.

5 Likes

I dont get whats wrong with it though
Why would I need permission for it? Its an image thats most likely been used constantly around places

I found it in google images

Moderation doesn’t know that. They don’t know that that is Soldier’s VA, for all they know, it could a picture of someone’s grandpa.

I got banned for 1 day from uploading a picture of Rick Astley on a Shirt. Also got the Rickroll background deleted. Roblox does not want me to rickroll >:(

1 Like

Roblox doesn’t allow pictures of people. This is to prevent people from uploading pictures of real life people and the spread of personal information or pictures. Why they don’t allow well-know people or celebrities? Well, if they said “yes” to that, someone might upload a picture of someone and say, “they are a celebrity”. It’s easier to just say “no” to all. People also do inappropriate things with people images.

I have a question, I know a website that creates non existing super realistic picture of people. (thispersondoesnotexist.com) does Roblox let it trough or not?