Does social media help grow your game?

Today I have launched a obby and its gone fairly well I launched it at 4pm and so far its had 35 visits and 60 robux made from 3 donations. So I know discord can help you grow your game but I want something else to try, is there any over social medias which help grow a game and in what way? In other words does social media help grow your game?

Also if your curious you can find my game here:

2 Likes

From my experience - game sponsors were the best growing method, nothing else worked for me. Twitter might help, and possibly Instagram/TikTok, but other than that I don’t think there is

2 Likes

Social media can only help if you have a large following. With it, you can promote your game, but you need a very large following to actually bump the game up for it to be recognised by other people on the platform; promoting a game to 100 YouTube subscribers likely won’t do anything.

You can always get an influencer to promote your game - they’ll probably do so by playing it and sharing it with their fanbase, but this will probably be costly.

3 Likes

If you have a lot of people on your social media it will help grow it. I would use Twitter, YouTube, or Instagram. But the best way would be with buying ads on roblox.

2 Likes

Yes, in some aspects social media can come in handy to promote your game across the community using the proper hashtags and show what your game is about. There are many approaches to go about this whether reaching out to Influencers or youtuber telling them to play your game.

As far as targeting your audience you could promote your game in small communities to gather a sort of fanbase, and over time you can start to grow it or strive into more larger community.

Instead start sharing or reaching out to people - know your audience and find if people will be interested in your game? There are previous threads including articles that go into more depth about promoting your game on social media and other platforms. I would consider taking a little look at this topic, to give you a proper understanding on what works best; ‘both Roblox and social media can help grow a game’.

1 Like

Gaining a social media presence is a good way to grow a player base, however in the case of an Obby, which attracts a young audience and has almost zero replay value, social media will not help very much. I would stick with advertisements and sponsors.

1 Like