Does StreamingEnabled mean I no longer have to hide things in ReplicatedStorage?

My maps and my lobby are somewhat medium tris, so when I would load the map and teleport all the players there, I would hide the lobby in ReplicatedStorage so it wouldn’t be rendered by the engine. (Wouldn’t cause lag)

Since StreamingEnabled has became a thing, is what I’m doing useless? Does inserting a huge model into RepStorage every round and then reparenting it back to workspace when the round is over cause lag?

1 Like

At the current time, StreamingEnabled loads models but at a very low detail. Once you get closer the details become normal but it also stays like that for the rest of the game. Meaning it will always be rendered once the player gets in range of the model for the first time.

I pointed this out in the StreamingEnabled thread where I also used pictures so you can take a look at it and see what I mean: New Beta Feature: LevelOfDetail Property for Models (Enabled Globally) - #49 by Vasilakious

1 Like

So to answer my question, it’s still a good idea to hide objects in ReplicatedStorage until they’re needed?

Important note: StreamingEnabled will keep the assets loaded when a player leaves an area but only if the player’s Graphics Quality setting is high enough. If a player’s Graphics is low, the assets will unload when the player is far enough away.

Here’s StreamEnabled with Graphics Quality set to 1.

This is an important part of StreamingEnabled that devs need to know.

1 Like

It’s probably ideal to keep it in Rep storage instead, as those with higher graphics would still render the lobby even while they’re in the map.

1 Like