Does uploading all of my Unions as a Mesh reduce lag?

I have a Building which uses alot of Unions and it’s very laggy. I removed all of the Unions and the lag was gone. But I need these Unions because without them, my Building would look awfull. Here are my questions:

• Is there a limit how many meshes you can upload to roblox.
  • Would it reduce the lag if I would upload all Unions as a mesh (about 350 Unions)

Thanks for help!

Wow, 350 Unions in 1 building?
How complex are your Unions? Usually if they are simple then using a couple of Parts would be better performance-wise. You may also want to make them CanCollide off, or make their DecompostionGeometry as Hull or something simpler.
If you’ve ever uploaded Unions to Blender you’ll see they are very inefficient. They’ll have way more vertices & therefore triangles than they need.
Converting them to Meshes would probably work out better for you. You can also combine them if they are the same Material and Color so you only have 1 Mesh instead of 5 (or however many) Unions.

I always tend to convert my Unions to meshes because of the fact they can corrupt and be gone at any given moment for some reason, but turning it into a mesh would reduce the lag. Another thread already covered this topic in better detail which can be found here.

1 Like

Yes. Uploading your union reduces lag as it’s 350 instances compared to 1. It’s also it means you can sort your workspace easier.