(Closed) Doodle World - Game Made using MS Paint!

Hello, My username is FX_H and I would like to show you one of my new projects I’ve been working on! This game is very unique and has many different methods on making the game look like a drawing/cartoon. The style is like a black and white drawing and it’s style is drawn in programs such as ms paint to make it have it’s own drawing style.

Everything you may see in this game is used with decals and drawings that I have imported into Roblox!

![doodle world image 3|690x358] (upload://49osr903CIlonMlf7tuoxOXbvb.png)

The game is made as a showcase or roleplay type game where you are able to freely explore around the different maps located by simply walking over to different areas or using the map found in the town to teleport to set locations.

The maps currently available in the game are (Town/City/Forest/Carnival) and I plan to add more as time goes on!

The game is available for testing so ill leave the game link at the bottom!
Feedback and Suggestions would be much appreciated as I am still a very early developer and will have to learn different elements of developing games! Currently I am working on Doodle World by myself as I don’t have nearly the amount of payment to afford a full team, however I am happy with the way I am able to develop the game and I’m open to any ideas.

I plan on adding different activity’s to do inside of the game such as kart racing and different cosmetics such as pets or gears. The game is still very early in development and I plan to take my time to make sure it can be the best it can be.

Feel free to test Doodle World now and let me know your thoughts/ideas!

Note: You may notice some visual issues with the decals, it’s a problem with Roblox’s system and cant really be fixed but I’m working on reducing some of these visual issues.

Game Link: Doodle World - Alpha - Roblox

Uploading: 2021-08-05 15-11-47.mov… Uploading: 2021-08-05 15-12-37.mov… Uploading: 2021-08-05 15-14-16.mov…

New Update: Obby’s have been added, Go check them out!

37 Likes

Think you accidentally changed permissions because it just gives me
“The permission levels on this place prevent you from entering.” when attempting to join.

2 Likes

ok it should be working now! hopefully you enjoy!

2 Likes

Its super super cool. I love the MS style. Really impressed. Good work!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

4 Likes

This is extremely cool. The MS Style looks extremely good. Keep up the good work! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Just so you know, one of your videos / images didn’t upload.

But other that great game!

1 Like

yeah lol I think the video size was too large.

1 Like

this is actually so cool oh my god. i would like to congratulate you, because you are participating in taking roblox to the next level of games. this is a next level of creativity and idea exploration. it looks so good lol. you should definitely make a game out of this, guarantee it would be a hit. great job dude.

edit: i just watched the videos and im gonna tell you rn if you animate the trees and bushes and stuff just like you animated the flag on the flag pole this game will feel alive. amazing work

2 Likes

gives me sort of ToonTown vibes… very cool!

2 Likes

Overall, the game is amazing, but there is something that I assume was unintentional. At the carnival, the barriers from the trees block you from going to a part of the map.

Also the drawing don’t have shadows, so I think you should take the shadows away from players.

2 Likes

And please add a StarterCharacter

3 Likes

This is unique and really cool! Amazing creation.

2 Likes

I would animate the bushes and trees but im afraid it may cause slight lag and I rather have the game more optimized than anything currently, thank you for your reply and support!

1 Like

The barrier is to block the player from entering the out of bounds area in the map as the ferris wheel isnt quite finished yet, and the shadows may be because the time of day but ill see what I can do to remove some of the shadows.

1 Like

I don’t plan on adding a startercharacter right now but I will most likely add a face and hats feature based off of the games theme.

1 Like

What is your current way of animating? Like what does a script look like for your animating currently?

1 Like

I use a script which will rotate different decals to display, I currently have 4 frame decals in each model while allows them to animate.

2 Likes

Huh alright. Funny enough, I am currently working on a module to help easily animate textures/decals. Once I release it, would you want the link? It is designed like TweenService but is different.

1 Like

Sure I don’t see why not, however I am still fine with the script I use and it works pretty well, Thank You!

2 Likes

To turn off shadows, just go to lighting and uncheck global shadows.

2 Likes