Doomcolp | Programmer

Roblox Studio Icon

Doomcolp | Programmer

The one and only, me

How did I get here?

Who is this guy??

I’m Doomcolp and I’ve been into this development stuff since I was like eleven! I actually think Roblox got me into programming lol. I do this stuff for fun and y’know I don’t think I’ll ever make a living off of this and so I’m NOT A clout chaser or a dev that makes his games super p2w

Well yeah like I mentioned before, Roblox got me into programming. Now I’m also a Web Developer and I am now tryna make something cool with WebGL (so many shaders I gotta write).

I’m not the best scripter but I def don’t consider myself the worst. My biggest struggle is probably the super cool systems that require math. I can do the basic stuff like arithmetic and stuff (and some Vector3 and CFrame stuff not from school).

Now other than my programming skills, let’s talk about my uhh not so good skills which is basically everything else needed for a good Roblox game. Or I’ll just make a table and show y’all here:

This was written in 2024 btw

Duhh :unamused:

Skill Experience In Years Good at this skill?
Roblox Scripting 3 years or so Ye i think so
Digital Art None really I specialize in pencil art so no
3D Modeling 2 years :skull:
Building Not sure :skull:
Music Composition Less than a year Ehhh no
Web Development (not Roblox related) 2 years Good but still not Roblox related

I usually take long breaks from devving but I eventually come back and create something I’m proud of. And at the end of the day, does it really matter if you create something someone else likes? As long as you like it, then that’s what matters.

My Projects

At the time I’m writing this, these are just really concepts I’m devving

Like you saw in the text below the header above, these are just things that are concepts or are kinda bad but why not show them off for future me to cringe at :sob:

lol but in all seriousness, I think I’ll def appreciate me taking 2 - 3 hours out of this day to write this if #collaboration:portfolios gets shut down again (it prolly will)

Project #1

Moderator Scanner

That plugin that’s got your back

Get Moderator Scanner Here

What is Moderator Scanner? It’s a plugin that goes thru some assets in your game and filters them thru a custom text filter (because you cant use FilterStringAsync in Roblox Studio which kinda sucks).

Ya just click a button and it goes thru instance names, UI text, attribute names, and tag names! Sadly I cant scan thru audio or images because that’s pretty dang complex and I def cannot wrap my head around that sort of stuff (is it even possible with Lua?)

A more detailed dive into Moderator Scanner is here in the official post for it.

Project #2

Hidden For Now

It’s being built rn and I don’t wanna give a spoiler :rage:

404 - Not found

I’m intentionally leaving this blank right now. Once I finish it a making a #resources:community-resources post, I’ll finish this section… I def will lol :saluting_face:

For Aesthetics

Why am I not displaying games… I mean “experiences” of mines? Cause they all are bad

When I Can Do Stuff

I cant lol

I’m in Cali and so I go by Pacific Standard Time or PST.

I have a lot of school and honestly my schedule is like jam packed which is a contributing reason to why I’m not tryna be hired right now.

Even in the future I see myself with a similar or prolly even more tight schedule so yeah…

Getting Money :money_mouth_face::moneybag:

I don’t do this at the moment but I’ll leave it in for future me lol

You can negotiate with me and I’ll probably accept it as long as it’s not less than 15% of what the initial agreed payment was. Please negotiate before I finish the job cause well, cause.

My preferred payment method is robux (for convenience) but I don’t mind dollars, I have to specify US Dollars because sometimes people get confused

How To Contact Me

Where do I find you?

You can probably jst message me here on the DevForum which is where I’d prefer messages to be sent

Or you could message me on Discord which I’d rather y’all now but its… @dvvmed (ik I got the coolest username :sunglasses:)

Thank You For Reading

Did you learn something (prolly not)…? Or did you lose a couple braincells

📖

If you are still reading… lemme give you something to look at

Sections Read (starting from the “How Did I Get Here?” section) Chance Of Clicking Off New Knowledge
1 99.9% 20%
2 75% 21%
3 98% 40%
4 35% 75%
5 57.178% 75.0001%
6 87% 79%
7 91% 88%
8 100% 100%

If this made sense to you, you should probably go outside and get some sunshine

(I need to touch some grass after writing this Portfolio for 2 HOURS)

2 Likes