Drawing game and roblox TOS

I apologize if this is the wrong place to put this I’m not really sure where to do so.

Anyway.

I am interested in making a “draw it” styled game where users can draw a picture.

Issue: This gives users the ability to draw anything they want and of course people are going to draw things which aren’t allowed in roblox. I would implement a block feature but I’m not even sure if it’s safe to make a game giving players this ability. I’m wondering if it’s too much of a risk to make a game like this. Anyway sorry again if this is the wrong subforum.

3 Likes

If you know people are going to draw things that aren’t allowed (which will definitely happen) don’t do it. There are young kids on Roblox.

3 Likes

The fact is that people will use your drawing system maliciously, the only exception would be if you could detect inappropriate drawings before it was shown to other players with 100% accuracy which is impossible really

2 Likes

This question has been asked before, the answer is the same.

9 Likes

There are many games that don’t do anything to protect their players from inappropriate things for example: “Build a Boat for Treasure” which allows players to make boats thus allowing them to make inappropriate things, so go ahead with your project.

1 Like

Although it doesn’t really answer fully, you could have some kind of internal report system.

In your game, assuming that other players can see what the person has drawn, they should have the option to report it. And, once enough players have reported the image, it is removed and the player is removed from the “drawing area”.

Also, you could take it even further and make it so that a player is banned from the drawing aspect of the game after they have had their drawings reported and removed a certain amount of times.

Hope this helps and that it applies well to your game :grinning:

3 Likes

Here’s something that’s pretty easy to do:

In order for players to draw, you could have something where the player chooses 3 things that they wanna draw when its there turn. Once they choose, it gives a preset representation of what that thing is (such as a outline), and the player has to trace it. This would prevent players from drawing inappropriate things as they are only able to trace what the outline is.

2 Likes

That’ll ruin the point of a draw-it game though. The point is that people should be able to express themselves in order for others to guess it. Forcing them in a template makes it too easy and repetitive.

A good way of possibly going about this safely is having a trust system where only people with a Roblox account age of let’s say atleast a few months are able to draw at any time. This is to prevent newly made troll accounts from drawing, then have a report system where people can report inappropriate drawings so you can ban the offenders. As they can’t just make new accounts to draw they’ll run out of options quickly, or will have to wait months before being able to do it again in which case you can repeat this.

4 Likes

Do scripts actually have access to account age?

I know you can make an API request to get it from the website, but you would then need to have a complicated system involving proxy servers and HTTPService.

Don’t you think this is a bit of overkill for a method that can be easily circumvented?

https://developer.roblox.com/api-reference/property/Player/AccountAge

Oh ok. There is an API for that. I never came across that before. Thanks!

No problem!

Adding onto this, ive built a system for my game to view other’s drawings offsite, though for my game drawing isnt the only thing. If your game is just drawing then this would be hard to do, viewing every single drawing would be a pain to keep up with. If your drawing game does have moderators, making something like this could help

Oh this is 4 years later noones gonna read this

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.