Dungeon Generation: A Procedural Generation Guide

Thank you very much! I’ve been waiting for a reply for a while now! :grinning:

1 Like

no problem! if you need any more help feel free to message me :> good luck!

2 Likes

People like you bring hope to the dev-forums

2 Likes

So, I know I’m a little late, but I just now finally got around to trying this. I’m a beginner scripter, so I don’t know much. I was wondering where these scripts would go and if they were local scripts or not. Thanks!

it’s a server script (not local) because it generates the map for the server. if u need any more help, u can message me on roblox if u want to so we don’t clog this post :o

Hey! Thanks for making this! This is actually a pretty nice Module. I use it in my game, later when I get access to the pc I will add some credits. I forked it a little bit so Zombies will spawn in the rooms. Thanks for the module! Have a good day!

Thank you.
I may make a maze game base on this

Im super confused please can someone provide a .rbxl of it actually working?

2 Likes

I know I’m extremely late to this - but I think there are some flaws in the system. As shown in the picture, most of the dungeon is out of bounds to the player. The highlighted bits are the parts that are accessible.

The only solution I can really find would be to check if pathfinding inbetween each room is possible - which may be intensive on the server. You’d have to restart the entire generation progress if anything failed.

This guide was made 4 years ago when I was only 16. Obviously, this is dated and flawed. So I’d expect bugs after all.

…But it still stands as good advice on the design process of your code.

1 Like