Duplicated "Anchored" property

Anchored property shows twice. They’re not even in sync – not sure which one is the true property.

EDIT: Other properties are affected as well.
RobloxStudioBeta_yjJanUd7bz

5 Likes

Experiencing the same issue with duplicated properties. This is happening randomly as of recently.

I think it has something to do with Studio thinking that you still got something selected, so the properties tab doesn’t update properly.

3 Likes

Could test this theory by checking print(game.Selection:Get()) to see if the selection is incorrect or if the UI is not updating properly.

2 Likes

If you select nothing, do you see those extra properties still showing?

1 Like

Yep. Atleast for me.

This text will be blurred

To clarify, this is an issue with the Properties editor not removing irrelevant properties once an instance is unselected. It can occur for any instance, and once it occurs, the only way to fix the issue is to relaunch up a new Studio instance. :sad:

For anyone wondering this is seemingly a regression of this issue as the workaround of selecting the instance (which was still showing properties) to refresh the properties panel, no longer works.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Can confirm this is still an issue as of May 25th, 2024.

In my specific case, this duplication occurs every time I select any instance with a PrimaryPart property, such as a Model or a WorldModel.

4 Likes

Experiencing the same thing and the trigger is the same as what @TheOriginalGoatMan2 said.

1 Like

this is still an issue. In my case it happens when using a custom startercharacter rig and modifying any part inside it

Yep, I am having the same issue still so it isn’t fixed.

This bug is STILL occurring for me on the latest studio version even after at least 1, if not more, claims of it being fixed.

2 Likes

I’m trying to reproduce this bug in order to try and fix it, but I can’t get it to happen.

Can anybody provide some steps to follow, either starting with a blank scene, or with a scene that you upload here?

Also: What kinds of machine are you running? Windows or mac?

1 Like

I’m running on Windows 11

I just encountered this issue when I was multi-selecting multiple Instances (specifically, MeshParts)

The properties widget doesn’t recognize that an Instance was selected (and it shouldn’t since I currently don’t have any selected), but the properties for the Instance remains

(What the widget look like when 3 MeshParts are selected)

The issue persists even if another MeshPart (or any Instance) is selected:

For clarification, I didn’t do anything else prior to this (I just opened the place and selected the 3 ‘Torus’ Instances)

Just wanted to say yet again that this issue is still occurring very regularly and is highly disruptive.

Unfortunately I have little to share regarding reproducing the issue because it seemingly happens at random, and the specific properties that get duplicated and the amount that are duplicated also fluctuates. Sometimes only a single property will be duplicated hours into a studio instance and other times I’ll select something immediately after booting studio and it will duplicate every property, forcing me to close out and restart.

A different thread regarding this same issue indicates that disabling the debugger fixes this issue, but I have found this is not the case, at least for me.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this issue, but it also causes properties to show up for an item that doesn’t have those properties. For example, I’m getting camera properties on a UIStroke: