Dynamic Skies Are Getting Cloudy

Tbh, Roblox should partner up with Unreal for the development of Roblox

2 Likes

Yeah! Imagine how sick that’d be, ultra realistic graphics and materials! They never partner up with big people, only just random people. Like who ever expected for a Roblox x KSI event? Nobody right?

The only big and best event was the Roblox x Lil Nas X event, it was fire

Ah yes of course, Roblox should do that, the graphics would look cooler, and also make them lose 65% of their current PlayerBase which is mostly comprised of 7-10 year-olds playing roleplay games on trashy Apple mobile devices who can barely run on half graphics, ah yes great idea of course, Roblox will totally do that and lose money which is more important to them than their dev community.

Also, these clouds actually look good. so do the reflections. you cant go around comparing a platform targeted at younger audiences like Roblox with one of, if not THE the biggest free game engine(s) out there.

4 Likes

Wdym? Unreal cam run on phones pretty well

2 Likes

first of all that would likely require a complete overhaul of Roblox’s core programming.

second of all, the studio behind Unreal would have to want to partner with Roblox, which is pretty unlikely if you ask me.

also, the reason Unreal runs well on mobile is because it’s much more customizeable than roblox, it will sometimes be worse but often better because the devs know what they’re doing and have the ability to completely customize everything to make it very well adapted to mobile

Roblox is very different in that aspect since it has a ton of code already built into it, the whole multiplayer system & client-server model, movement & animation scripts, services like Datastores, etc… it even locks us out of some things, like Verticle creation/manipulation(not talking about skinned meshes), light engines, everything is pre-made and out of our reach.

4 Likes

Jeez chill, it’s a what if, not a request, you don’t have to list all the negative. Plus not every single unreal engine game is realistic, so you can take back the 65%.

You’re basically saying if ROBLOX partners up with Unreal, every game is gonna be like it was made by @tryler or ARTBLOX, which isn’t going to happen.

If they partner up, Adopt Me is still going to be cartoony…

And you’re wrong, unreal runs much better than roblox, just like @vrs2210 said, meaning it’s probably not gonna be as laggy if a mobile user decides to play a ultra realistic game, since they optimize their system pretty well.

You’re also basically saying that if ROBLOX partners up with Unreal Engine, they won’t know how to manage / handle it. It’s roblox, they know how to get money and maintain their playerbase. When future lighting came out, not every single game enabled it. When Dynamic Skies came out, not every single game put it in. When R15 came out, not every single game had it. One isn’t all, just a few.

1 Like

Refer to the answer I gave to @vrs2210 .

also I don’t see how I was freaking out or why you needed to tell me to “chill”.

I was simply stating facts.

3 Likes

And the “facts” you stated were false, Unreal (and unity) work very much fine with phones and other devices other than PC.

3 Likes

You’re wondering why I was asking you to chill? Refer to the first sentence of my post. And the facts you gave, most were them were false like @vrs2210 said. You need a chill pill, it’s just a what-if bro. Roblox knows how to optimize updates, everything you said is as if they don’t, and most of what you said was false. Like how the hell is every game going to be realistic just because of a collaboration? Please think about that for a second bro.

3 Likes

you don’t seem to understand we aren’t talking about Unity or Unreal’s mobile compatibility here, we’re talking about Roblox’s and it is trash. Which is the main reason why major graphical updates are limited.

yes, I do admit that Unreal looks very nice, and yes I would love to see Roblox adapt similar graphic settings, but it’ll just never happen because they don’t listen to their dev community.

1 Like

Also, about compatibility, refer to this once again, in Unreal / Unity we start from scratch, while in Roblox, most core scripts are pre-made for us

2 Likes

That looks rlly good, is that something you bought or is it your like own thing?

Really? Look below.

It actually sounds like an request for sure.

I see and understand what you’re coming from though it’s more of a what-if, and I wouldn’t actually expect ROBLOX to do this so it wasn’t really a request. Therefore my point stands.

Still don’t know why @killer_redstone1pro is being that way. If they actually partnered up, they wouldn’t loose any players, but rather gain more. Games will still have their classicality as there is technology lighting options, you can choose from. Adopt me isn’t going to be hyper realistic, maybe one or two changes but it’ll still remain cartoony.

Roblox knows how to handle their lighting stuff redstone, that’s what I’ve been trying to tell you. They wouldn’t let go like that, and it wouldn’t have to take a rework of their whole system, I mean they didn’t rework their whole system for future lighting right?

3 Likes

UE5 is all about optimization. A thousand high poly realistic crabs could move across a beach in UE5 with the same performance impact as a few hundred randomly stacked parts in Roblox.

8 Likes

was that a crab rave reference? because if it was, you are my hero

7 Likes

Hiya! So, I’ve been using this beta for a while now in-game, and I have to say it’s absolutely fabulous - I absolutely adore the fact that you can tween the Cover and Density values, which looks super sick, too!
An issue I’ve had would be that in some cases, I’d like to be able to control the speed of the clouds - not just movement speed, but also the speed at which they transform. Would it be possible to implement a setting for this @ProfessorKJM?

On a side note, here’s how it looks in my game - look at how the clouds tween beautifully when switching regions!

9 Likes

Alright I left for a few months and now I am very impressed on how good these look, before they kinda looked like low quality chicken nuggets, with a glitched out horizon line, but now they actually look like real clouds. Sometimes they can look funky if you use low coverage and high density but overall they are looking fantastic!

7 Likes

Would it be possible for such a feature, where you could position the clouds in a specific way you wanted?
(example: using a noise map)

19 Likes

Can’t forget about motion blur!