Early Access Question

Hello, so I have seen many games that are paid access and when you purchase the game it will give you a special chat tag called “Early Tester” or “OG”. How would I be able to do this in my game because I reckon it’s a very simple script. Also, I’m not the best scripter so please explain what you mean so I can try my best to understand.

1 Like

Maybe have it so that there is a folder that holds stats and has it set to a certain value until the early access event is over and it goes to the datastore you sent it to originally

One way of doing this is by having a script that just stores some data about the player, in this case you could store something like EarlyAccess = true. You would of course be required to remove this once your game goes out of early access, or even better, set a planned date to whenever that event happens and stop the code from being executed.

For the chat tags just check the player’s data for the EarlyAccess key, if it’s there give them a chat tag. I recommend this tutorial.

1 Like

You can use PlayerOwnsAsset, pass in the player argument and supply your gameID as the asset, which will return if the player has bought the game, or did not.

If you have 100 robux to spare, just make a badge and check if they own the badge, if they have give them the Tag.

2 Likes

Make a datatype which adds them to the list and get rid of that script when your out of alpha

1 Like