Easy Datastore - new and easy datastore module

I understand you’re very blunt on the issue. To emphasize my suggestion regarding your terminology wasnt to say that your communication isnt already effective, but that it can be enhanced through respect.

You can still include the table structure infact its actually better cause it will help the newbies learn how to make datasaving with profileservice or almost every other datastore

Also I have 0 clue why you decided to rant about us saying fundamentally flawed because it is quite honestly the truth and could actually really depend on the roblox servers since you are in reality saving data through memory not just the server

There is just a level of professionalism, intelligence, and maturity that comes with being respectful. While the phrase “fundamentally flawed” is effective at conveying critical information, it can be enhanced in tone to be less aggressive.

If we are gonna mention “professionalism, intelligence, and maturity” does using AI for responses, scripting and design for advertising fall under those categories?

6 Likes

You spelled “Setup” wrong in your initial documentation, don’t bring up intelligence as a reason for us to not state our opinions of your module

3 Likes

I have clearly expressed that I am not comfortable with imprudence and dismissiveness in our discussion, and in response, I have merely been further dismissed through insults pertaining to trivial issues. For this reason, I will not be responding today. I hope to see a more professional and respectful environment in the future.

Could I get those resources please. Thank you :)‎

I don’t know if anyone has stated in your post already but I highly recommend for you to not use

repeat task.wait(sometime) until something

I see you doing this a lot in your data store module

As this is bad for performance, instead you should be using RunService.

I have a real quick question here, I think you should stay consistent when it comes to organizing your script, I’m kind of confused here why you added a bunch of blank lines in the middle.

1 Like

Blank lines seperate the module functions from the logic code to not overwhelm new developers

Repeating waits until the players data has been loaded when they first join so if you call module.get(), it will make your script yield before processing so that it doesnt cause an error.

Im going to be adding the following updates soon. Let me know what you think of these ideas:

1. Session locking
  2. Constant autosaving & removing module.save()
  3. Removing folder configurations. Must create a “template” table for data.
  4. Module.get() and Module.set() will illiterate through the entire data to find the object with that name

For example, for #4:

local template = {
        [“gameStats”] = {
                [“wins”] = 10,
                [“losses”] = 2
        }
}

module.get(plr, “wins”) --10

@TheRealWayMan (let me know if you want me to stop tagging you)

1 Like

I would have used signals instead,

-- :( Bad Way.
repeat task.wait()until something

-- :D Good Way!
if not something then
  somethingLoaded:Wait()
end

Also, you can use comments, so you don’t have to scroll a lot and to significantly decrease line count.

-- Single Comment.

--[[
  Multiline Comment.
]]

okay so in the next update I will:

1. Session locking

2. Constant autosaving & removing module.save()

3. Removing folder configurations. Must create a “template” table for data.

4. Module.get() and Module.set() will illiterate through the entire data to find the object with that name

5. signal waiting

So you’re saying that you say this module, which is most likely at least 50% written by AI, is ‘the best’ compared to very renowned modules such as ProfileService, because you want people to tell you what needs to be improved, so you can fix it?
I’ll drop the bombshell and reveal that, surprise surprise, that literally just means this module is poor quality, at least compared to most data saving modules out there. You’re not making something in the best way it could be made, but making it in the way that you can so that people can then give you feedback on all the errors in the code.

And not to mention the typos already mentioned. I don’t mean this in a harsh way, but if you’re having trouble spelling the word “setup”, I’d rather not see what the code itself looks like…

Also, the way you literally avoid people’s criticism when you have no comeback by saying you’re “not comfortable with imprudence and dismissiveness in the discussion” is just too petty.

+ Like someone else mentioned, using AI for responses, scripting and design is just… not “The best”, that’s for sure.

Essentially, what I’m trying to say is, be honest with what you post. This module is not even close to being the best, and it’s definitely not superior to ProfileService or DS2, modules made by people with (from what I can see), better scripting knowledge.

And lastly, I’m not “insulting” you with this comment. It’s just bewildering to me how you expect people to believe this is the best datasaving tool in Roblox simply because it doesn’t “constantly autosave”, despite everything else just being a disadvantage against the other modules. You shouldn’t be this arrogant when there’s just no way to verify any of your claims either.

Even if you decide to ignore this for whatever reason, I hope you’ll take this under consideration. Quoting a previous comment in the thread,

I hope to see a more professional and respectful environment in the future.

2 Likes

This reply appears to be outdated. Read my latest reply to see the new upcoming features.

To clarify, the claim I use AI for coding and/or responses is a common rumor assosiated with my account, having origins specifically to the user lolsman in a post a while ago.

How can we trust you dont use AI, you used bing AI as a form of advertisement but decided to edit to remove it (which is something you do a lot actually).

1 Like

I wont be responding to anymore replies regarding accusations of AI use.

This is extremely funny because I stated how you used bing AI as a form of advertisement that was in the post that then got deleted once you got accused of AI!

Also evidence isn’t an accusation.

3 Likes

You keep changing your posts to “fix” them. But, can we really trust you if you plagiarize??

When will you learn. You aren’t getting away with anything, so you need to be honest.

12 Likes