EasyFirstPerson: Drag-and-drop first person view models!

How could I turn it into an actual viewmodel? (For example, Phantom Forces “arms”)

you can’t make it as customizable viewmodel arms

it uses shirt from your avatar

1 Like

i found a bug where if you had an idle animation for the guns and you be in first person and you die after that when you come out of first person you hands will become lost but others wont see any glitch

So how do I rotate Head offset from viewmodel

If you open the script, under configurations there is a variable called “headoffset,” which determines the height offset from the viewmodel’s normal head position.

Is there an easy way to move the camera back just a bit?

Unfortunately there is no setting for this, but in the system’s code there is a portion that includes the following code:

+ camera.CFrame.LookVector*0

The above portion of code will move the camera forward by whatever number you put in it. If you changed the 0 to -1, it would move the camera back by 1 stud. Change it to positive 1, and it moves the camera forward 1 stud.

To add these changes try copy pasting the code above and putting it into the Ctrl + F code search bar. Once you’ve found the code, edit the numbers accordingly.

If you have any problems editing the system please message me on the forum.

1 Like

How can I have it so you can see 2 arms instead of one?

1 Like

Both arms are there I think, they are just to far behind the cam for you to see them maybe.

I thinks its work btw

viewmodel:SetPrimaryPartCFrame(finalcf + camera.CFrame.LookVector*1)
1 Like

So I’m using this first person script in my game but I also have a crouch and roll script. These scripts play animations that usually override movement when playing. They don’t seem to override though with this first person script. Is there something I can do to make these animations play over the walking animations?

stop the animations⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

I can stop the walking animations?

I found a bug it doesn’t behave well when your swimming.

here’s a video :robloxapp-20210605-1910501.wmv (3.9 MB) sorry for the FPS and Quality.

This happens because your gun parts have CanCollide on

1 Like

My character gets stuck in place when I go into first person, as well as somehow prone to flinging, and gets flung when I’m standing still in first person.

I specifically said that they didn’t have CanCollide on in my reply. I even made sure they didn’t before posting it.

Hello, quick question, how would I go about making an aiming system with this?

Well, this is a very useful resource but… this script doesn’t work properly with my gun setup.

I connect the gun to the Torso (more flexibility with animations because you’re not stuck to the right arm) with a Motor6D instead of the Right Arm like a normal tool, and well, the gun doesn’t move.

Edit: Forgot to mention, RequiresHandle is off on my guns. The issue is more likely that RequiresHandle is off.

I think the conflict is probably because I’ve connected the gun to the Torso and not the Right Arm (as stated I need more control with animations), because the arms move and sway, but the gun just stays there.

I think that a way to fix this would be to have an option of including the Torso in the viewmodel that’s off by default. (I’m using R6)

Nonetheless, it’s still a nice script. Just can’t really use it with the way I have my gun set up.

1 Like

it’s because the option “RequiresHandle” is disabled
it works with tool that uses Handle since it’s custom grip

2 Likes