EditableImage Baked Lighting: (Raytraced Global Illumination + Soft Shadows)

Hey, I’m not sure if this is for everyone but when I click run I get the same error repeatedly. Any Idea on how to fix this? (The error directs me to the highlighted line)

Check the Notice section under the post. EditableImage beta needs to be enabled in your Studio Beta options! I have them all enabled just in case. This is because some features are used that are available in Studio but not yet available on Client.

Thank you for the very quick response, I appreciate it. Cant wait for the project to be fully completed, good luck!

1 Like

Of course! Let me know if other issues come up!

I know this might be annoying but please link an rbxm. Some people are not very experienced with github. It would be more convenient if so.

go to the page they linked and press

ctrl + shift + s

or click the 3 dots in the top right corner and a download button will appear in a menu

1 Like

I made sure to add the link to the post.

Thank you for clarifying this! I’ve added a link to the post just in case in the Notice section.

Yes but what I’m saying is that a lot of people will miss that information. In the interest of both the consumer and OP. I think it would be beneficial

I linked the post on GitHub so I can update the repo, so I don’t have to update the place file whenever a new bug fix or small feature is released! I can update the repository and skip editing the post. Thanks for bringing this to my attention though! I made sure to add a description on how to download the file in the Notice section.

Ahh, sorry for bothering you. Thank you!

1 Like

could you upload it to roblox marketplace?

its like a mini blender within studio. I wish this would work when the player is playing :sob: Great job though!

1 Like

Thank you! It uses a lot of similar rendering methods that blender uses. It will eventually be useable in-game after EditableImage is released!

1 Like

yeah im just waiting for that lol

Some of the edges have seams on them, and some of the faces have really weird lighting?

1 Like

I updated the code after I released the demo video so there may be some inaccuracies. Try editing the sizes of the patches to fix pixel positioning (you can find more info about this under Lighting Features). Weird cutoffs in lighting are caused by editable images not being able to blend between one another. I’ll make sure to work on improving the positioning with thin/small parts in the near future. Sorry about this issue!

1 Like

Studio is being weird. I have editable images and meshes beta enabled since the release and I’m getting the same error
imagem_2024-10-26_101507768
Error:

Analysing the code I found out why it was not woking. Roblox changed how EditableImages are built, and it’s much more complicated now.

See their post below for more information

Thank you for letting me know about this! I’ll work on an updated version with these changes.

1 Like