Editting the Roblox In-Game Menu?

I was wondering if there is any possible way of redesigning the escape menu with all the players and settings. The probability of this isn’t likely, however, I was wondering if anyone has managed to do it or messed around with it.

If not I was thinking,

Enabling basic styling of the game menu would help developers establish a style and feel that suits there game best. In order to avoid the obvious and potentially user ruining experiences that will come with a feature like this. It would be best just to only enable certain properties of the menu. For example, simply being able to edit the colors, transparency, and icons would be terrific. I understand that accessibility, especially across platforms, is key. Even with that said, I still believe developers should have at least the basic option of stylizing the escape menu.

2 Likes

I don’t think this belongs here, also editing the Esc Menu is disabled because there could be a lot of downsides. Such as hiding the report/leave button.

There is no reason for Roblox to allow us to modify the menu or any other CoreGui directly for that matter.

The menu is not part of gameplay.

I’ve moved this to Scripting Support since it’s asking about a specific method as opposed to a broader subject.

Yes, Roblox won’t allow us to modify the function of the menu, that’s clear. However, we can already modify the appearance of the CoreGUI. For example, you can set the transparency and color of the top bar. Having some of those same freedoms with the look of the menu will be greatly appreciated.

The example above is a bit of an extreme one, but something in the bounds of this would be again greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

If you really want to take it the extra mile, although keep in mind, this is on YOUR client only, you can edit your textures folder to fit your needs.

Yeah, I have thought about doing that for just for the fun of it. I just wish I could modify it for a game server.