[Effect] v1.1 Lightning Beams: Seamless, smooth and procedurally animated with beam-like properties

So I tested the updated modules again with the repro RBXL file I posted earlier in the thread. I still cannot find this phantom memory leak that a few users seem to be talking about.

It would really help to post proof of your claims, otherwise making such claims damages your credibility.

What is the difference between the video with the lightning strike that seems really bright, and the first video with the spheres and stuff. One looks like neon bricks and one looks like beams. Also how do you get it so bright?

I could not tell where you included the LightningSparks in the Usage example. I could neither tell where to put the attachments since they are not able to go into workspace. I still dont get the module to work. Can someone help me?

Attachments must be parented to a BasePart.
Weirdly, you can also parent them to Terrain if you want as Terrain inherits from a BasePart.

1 Like

How did you do the second lightning strike effect? I canā€™t seem to make the LightningBolt.new() really be hitscan or as bright as the one you showcased

[EDIT]: Nevermind! The module which uses parts makes it brighter! :smiley:

1 Like

How do I install the 1.1v of it

How do you make it fire, like only one oscillation? Then it stops. Ive been trying to figure it out for a while now.

Did you figure it out? Iā€™m trying to test out the module as well.

Yeah you need to go to the github and get the code inside of the .lua files and make modules out of them, treat their heirarchy like itā€™s visual studio code with rojo.

1 Like

How do I get the sparks module?

You canā€™t, he stated that you canā€™t use the sparks or explosion with v1.1, if you want those you have to use the older one.

1 Like

Where I can download this? The GitHub download link is missing

1 Like

this is some really cool stuff, Iā€™ve made some kind of tesla tower thing with it and holy crap does it look amazing, I do wonder if itā€™s possible to have the parts emit light though.

could that be a thing with the module or am I going to have to manually implement it?

You got a vid of it? Iā€™d like to see some more examples, this thing looks really cool.

Hey is it possible I can have the code for the last example. I am having trouble replicating it and I want to use it for this game im working on.

Also sorry other guy I accidentally replied to instead of the post didnā€™t realize till now.

Is there any material for the lightning newbolt in API?
Also is there way to attach the lightning bolt attachment to r15 hands?

how exactly do I install this off of github?
Iā€™ve never actually used github to download stuff.

1 Like

The format follows Rojoā€™s script format. To set it up, its simple as copy-pasting the code from the github files into module scripts with the same name.

(src folder doesnt have to be named that way, just make sure the children are named that way)

2 Likes

A question i have is how do i make the bolts? Ive already put the 3 module scripts in my game
Yes1
So how do i get it started through a local script? (I am using remote events for this)
Because before i was using the one with parts that was setup for me but i noticed it lagged alot so i wanted to change to the newer one but i dont know how to setup the local script please tell me how in a PM or a reply.

Is there anything way to fix the lightning bolt worldposition issue?
Also here a error in output

13:43:59.944  ReplicatedStorage.ZapBeta1.LightningBoltLeft:88: attempt to index nil with 'WorldPosition'  -  Server - LightningBoltLeft:88

This suppose to be show up on both hands on R15 and on the victim so me and a friend of mine tried to get it worked for few days but no luck.