Egg Hunt Help - Collected Eggs Saving

I have an egg hunt system and there’s just one problem, the collected eggs reset back to 0 after rejoin/death/killed, and I need help to make them save.

I haven’t tried writing any scripts out for it my self because I’m not a scripter, sorry.

Can anyone help, please?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would want to make this for you for free as it will take a bit of time, and you’ll probably not know how to use it.

1. Check #resources:community-resources or #resources:community-tutorials for things you would possibly want.

2. Commission a programmer to make this for you in exchange for something.

There are also videos showing you how you can easily do this:

I already have one datastore with multiple stored data inside, the new one can overwrite. What do I do?

1 Like

The new one cannot overwrite, they have their own keys, also watch the tutorial provided, it shows you how to use datastores properly.

I used the tutorial and it didn’t help.

Then you are not watching the full tutorial, that is a great tutorial provided by @GnomeCode, which explains datastores in a very clear and understandable manner. We will not provide a full code for you if you do not wish to learn.

Apologies, I will watch it fully.

1 Like

I watched the full tutorial and used and did not work. Even used ChatGPT and Roblox Assistant.

This is a no-code datastore system:

It just saves and loads whatever is in the leaderstats folder. It uses datastore2 behind the scenes, so it’s pretty reliable too.

The thing has an un-copy-locked egg hunt example with saving and stuff:

I bet you can use/modify the game above. It stores the names of all the eggs the player has in leaderstats under a folder and keeps and updates a count of all the eggs they’ve found.

I think to add more eggs you just need to Tag them, name them, or set an attribute (look at the existing eggs for the right format) and give them a unique name or attribute for saving. I think it also has some code you can edit to add badges.

When testing datastores, remember you need to publish your game and go into the game settings and enable the datastore service.

Looks great but the one im looking for is where it shows as a gui how many eggs you collected out of the actual amount you should collect and a reward for collecting all eggs like stats of a tool.

Dude this isn’t the toolbox or your free worker marketplace, you ask for help, we give you help, we don’t give you your entire game. Make a GUI, get the eggs from the database, and add it to the GUI.