Enable Loadstring once again

I am referring to server-side loadstring throughout.

Loadstring was disabled by default sometime ago, unless we decided to enable it for our games. However, if we did enable it we lost access to certain features such as player points. What I am really asking for here is for this to be removed. We have Filtering Enabled now and we should be using it, which would stop the vulnerabilities anyway.

At the very least, I want to see the features that were disabled while it was on to be re-enabled when Filtering Enabled is on at the very least. Although ROBLOX’s developer console is good there are always going to be certain benefits of a tailor made GUI as opposed to one size fits all. I want to be able to give other users who have helped develop my game more access to aid in development.

This all goes without saying that player points are even more obsolete now since there is no more global ranking so it should be down to the place owner to sort out awarding them.

To conclude, it’d be really useful to have it back, and it should be down to the place owner to cover loopholes in their games not ROBLOX.

???

Does it matter? It should be off by default to prevent security problems. If you’re using it then just turn it on? What’s the problem?

With Filtering Enabled there aren’t any security problems unless you allow yourself to be victim of them. If you turn it on currently you lose access to certain features such as PointsService.

[quote]
To conclude, it’d be really useful to have it back, and it should be down to the place owner to cover loopholes in their games not ROBLOX.[/quote]

A lot of people don’t have experience or knowledge to cover these loopholes. Therefore leaving their games vulnerable.

With Filtering Enabled there aren’t any security problems unless you allow yourself to be victim of them. If you turn it on currently you lose access to certain features such as PointsService.[/quote]

Points are just… ehh… I can see the appeal in this but I don’t doubt points will be deleted soon enough. They’re pretty ‘pointless’. It’s 100% better to make your own in game leaderboard that people ACTUALLY look at.

EDIT: Christopher actually put it quite nicely too with the security issues. Everyone doesn’t understand nor have the time or patience to learn server to client communication. It SHOULD be off by default either way. If you want to use it, no problemo.

Though I don’t think it should be enabled by default, I can agree that it’s silly to remove certain features for people who use loadstring. The whole “No player points” was a good idea at the time, back when player points were still in Beta, before they became unlimited and place-specific.

But I don’t see why we need this anymore.